Recent content by Rob Patrick

1. Rob Patrick

Installed Water Softener - Still Getting Water Spots

OK so I started searching for silica solutions and found a pretty good article at http://www.watertechonline.com/articles/an-innovative-economical-and-efficient-method-of-silica-removal-from-waters that mentioned 4 ways of dealing with silica: Lime softening - Googled this and found a pretty...
  2. Rob Patrick

Smooky - you read my mind. I wish I had thought about that and only had to pay the postage once, but live and learn I gues.
  3. Rob Patrick

Reach, I was hoping it was not silica since I have heard it is hard to remove. I have not tried the test since l wanted to wait and see what the lab said first. I can tell you that CLR and other such products do nothing to remove it. The only way to clean it off is a mild abrasive (like Amaz)...
  4. Rob Patrick

OK - so I got the water analysis back. Below is everything that was detected in mg/L. When I took the sample, I bypassed the existing softener and flushed the tank and lines good to get an actual untreated well water sample. Calcium - 36.9 Copper - 0.073 Magnesium - 5.79 Manganese - 0.040...
  5. Rob Patrick

I ordered a test kit from NTL - once I get that and get their analysis, I'll be back - thanks again for everyone's help.
  6. Rob Patrick

I found that lab and this is exactly the recommendation I was looking for - I tried searching for labs on the forum but must not have been holding my mouth right - did not find any listed here. The hard water stains in the toilets are on the bowls at the water line and coming down in several...
  7. Rob Patrick

Hi Reach4 thanks for the reply. The scale I am getting is definitely not salt - I could live with it if it would rinse off when we clean but this not dissolving and unfortunately we cannot keep up with drying everything after it gets wet. I am hopeful that I have something else that is easily...
  8. Rob Patrick

Hi - first post although I have lurked and learned her for many years. We have a well and the water is leaving white scale deposits wherever it collects and dries - counter tops, shower walls, toilet bowls, etc. I had the softener installed and the problem showed no improvement. The only local...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks