Recent content by Roadrunner255

1. Roadrunner255

PRV question after adding well storage tank and booster pump

Are you saying that the well pump fills the open tank, and the Grundfos scala 1 booster pump alone serves as the pressure pump to raise the ~zero pressure in the storage tank to the pressure in the house plumbing? Yes, storage tank and booster pump sit about 10 feet higher than the house. The...
  2. Roadrunner255

PRV question after adding well storage tank and booster pump

Hello, We had a storage tank and Grundfos scala 1 booster pump (non adjustable for pressure) added to our well and I noticed water pressure in the house jumped to 85psi when the the booster pump is activated (pressure bleeds down when no water demand). While we like the pressure I am concerned...
  3. Roadrunner255

Hach 5B water hardness test kit and reagent expired test accuracy

Thanks, may just have to purchase a new kit and answer the question myself.
  4. Roadrunner255

My water softener guy told me of an easier way to test very hard water. Cut your sample water in half or quarters with Distilled water then multiply the drops added by 2 or 4 to get hardness.
  5. Roadrunner255

Hello All, Was doing my monthly water hardness test with the Hatch 5B kit, and I noticed that the reagent (powder) expired it 2019. Would anyone have experience using expired reagent and the accuracy of the water hardness test? Cheers!
  6. Roadrunner255

Proflo 2.1 g thermal Expansion tank pressure setup w new 40 g electric WH

Thanks, there must be one built in to the pump, I will have to check.
  7. Roadrunner255

Thanks, checking with the well company that did the install to see if this will work. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Zurn-1-in-NR3XL-Pressure-Reducing-Valve-Single-Union-Female-x-Female-NPT-Connection-Lead-Free-1-NR3XL/202642503
  8. Roadrunner255

No check valve and well pressure tank and pressure switch removed when storage tank and booster pump were installed. The scala 1 5-55 is not pressure adjustable as the scala 2 is. Wonder if I need to install a pressure reducing valve on the outlet side of the booster pump...
  9. Roadrunner255

Hello all, Had a new electric water heat Installed with a 2.1 g te tank. We are on a well with a storage tank and a Scala 1 booser pump, pressure not adjustable. Hose bib max pressure is 82 psi. Te tank is pre charged at 40psi. Te tank instructions say the expansion tank should be...
  10. Roadrunner255

Adding storage tank to well and adding a constant pressure booster pump

They installed a 1" overflow pipe in case the float switch fails.
  11. Roadrunner255

Thanks all for your help! One last thing, what are folks using for their overflow pipe (1" in case the float switch fails) to keep the critters out? One way check valve (on 1"pvc)? Thanks!
  12. Roadrunner255

Thanks for the info. Another question, they have to use a rock saw to cut a 30' trench from the well head to where the tank will sit for the 2 plumbing pipes. Is it ok to use the fines from the cutting or fill with sand then use the finds? Rock is half of the length, rest is black clay. Thanks
  13. Roadrunner255

Protecting street water shutoff in yard near driveway

Hello, I am looking for suggestions on protecting my son in laws street water shutoff, similar photo below. The previous owner added an area to park, a foot or so away from the shutoff in the grass. The top of the shutoff is a few inches below grade. Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks
  14. Roadrunner255

Hello All, I had 2 local well companies out to get an estimate on adding a 2500 gallon storage tank to our well. Company a says I will no longer need my approx, 50 gallon pressure tank with a constant pressure booster pump (pulls water from the storage tank to the house). Company b says that...
  15. Roadrunner255

Water softener days to regen recommended

I do have s flex lines, thanks! Also, i am trying to do "Garys trick" and having a hard time judging the time ckose to the next regen cycle. I have the no. of days set to off, going by remaining gallons left. Last night auto regen went off at 160 gallons left, usually gets close to 0. Is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks