Recent content by Rfsmith48

1. Rfsmith48

Appliance repair: Whirlpool Fridge

Hey, I am looking for an internet resource for appliance repair. Google wasn't much help. This website has always been a source for useful knowledge! Any help is appreciated. Thx, Rog Smith
  2. Rfsmith48

TERRY LOVE CELEBRATION OF LIFE

Folks, Terry Love and this forum has helped me so many times over the previous 10+ years. My sympathy and condolences to the family. Does Terry, or the family, have a preferred charity? I would like to make a donation. Thanks, Rog Smith rfsmith48@gmail.com
  3. Rfsmith48

Kneepad recommendations......

A little bit of everything. This week I resealed a toilet. I graded, ground clothed and planted a small garden, etc. BTW: I am 74 and both knees have been replaced. I am looking for specific products and recommendations. Thanks! Rog
  4. Rfsmith48

Kneepad recommendations......

Hey, I need a recommendation for kneepads. The ones I have now are sloppy/stretched out, and the Velcro is tired. I am 6 foot, about 220 pounds. Thanks for the help! Rog
  5. Rfsmith48

Honeywell thermostat function/comparison charts.....

The furnace is a Lennox SL280UHV. Install instructions state: "...is compatible with any Lennox communicating thermostat. Or, Non-communicating thermostats - ComfortSense or other conventional thermostats." Not a lot of help (For me). I would like to use a Honeywell WIFI tstat. Thanks, Rog
  6. Rfsmith48

Honeywell thermostat function/comparison charts.....

Folks, We just had a new Lennox furnace installed. It has a 2 speed fan. The fan necessitated a thermostat upgrade for the new fan system. Previous Tstat: RTH8580WF1007: WIFI thermostat that I installed about 6 years ago. New Tstat: T6 Pro Thermostat: Programmable. I would like to replace the...
  7. Rfsmith48

Heat pump HVAC in Colorado?

Hey Taylorjm, Thanks for the response. What is the furnace rating that addresses the ability of the furnace to support the square footage of a house? Our house is about 1800 sq ft. And is there a "rule of thumb" that is useful for comparing the furnace blower rating to the house size? Thanks...
  8. Rfsmith48

Thanks, will do. Rog
  9. Rfsmith48

Folks: I have a 50 year old house in Boulder CO. With a 50 year old gas furnace.... Heating degree days here are about 5600. The local utility has been promoting heatpump HVAC systems for homes. With rebate incentives. BUT....None of the local contractors I have talked with want to quote...
  10. Rfsmith48

Burnt residue under pilot light

Folks, We have a 50 year old Lennox furnace that seems to be working fine. About a week ago, I checked and changed the hammock style air filter. I noticed some charred residue under the pilot light area. I don't remember seeing this condition before. I vacummed out the residue and closed up the...
  11. Rfsmith48

Limited flow on First zone of Irrigation system

Hey, Thanks for the response. Two of the blocked spray heads had loaded up the screens. Cleaned them up and everything works well. Thanks again! Rog
  12. Rfsmith48

Limited flow on First zone of Irrigation system

Hey, I have a Rainbird system that is about 15 years old. No big problems until this year. The First zone which is mostly pop up heads is not flowing well. It worked fine last year. It behaves like there is a (new) flow restriction somewhere in the zone. Has anyone else seen this sort of...
  13. Rfsmith48

Cabinet, furniture refinish

Hey, I am looking for forum suggestions/recommendations for cabinet and furniture refinishing. I suspect that there are (Non Terry Love) forums that are useful for this type of advice. All help is appreciated. Thx, Rog
  14. Rfsmith48

Ronbow sink: VERY slow overflow drain.....

Folks, We installed a Ronbow vanity and sink about 5 years ago. Yesterday, we left the water running with the drain closed. The overflow runs at about half the faucet flow. Small flood. The faucets and drains are Kohler. (Not sure the model) I cleaned up the mess and am trying to figure out...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks