Recent content by restore1920

1. restore1920

Leaky pipe between tank and bowl (old toilet)

Thanks Thanks for the advice. Being essentially a novice with a lot of experience I don't always use the right terminology but you guys seemed to know what I'm talking about. I think I'll try the Teflon rings as they may hold they're round shape better under a little bit of pressure. The...
  2. restore1920

House Inspection: 3 year leak?

There's a difference between the way it done and the way it gets done. From the information you gave it sounds like the original seals were damaged before or upon installation which resulted in the leaks. Various construction deadlines, a distracted plumber, mean boss, mishandled supplies can...
  3. restore1920

Leaky pipe between tank and bowl (old toilet)

I am very proud to have a very old toilet in my house (so no wise cracks about replacing it please). The tank hangs from the wall and is connected to the bowl by a short length of 2 1/2" to 3" plated copper pipe (I'm currently out of town and forgot the size) extending down from the tank to an...
  4. restore1920

Good Flush WITH a Good Bowl Wash?

Along the line of experience or known troubles with a "good wash"... My wife recently finished her MD and her education routinely makes its way into our daily lives. Of all the "fecal-oral" transmitted diseases they are most commonly transmitted by aerosolized particles from toilet flushing...
  5. restore1920

Thickset (mudset) tile removal

I haven't had the luxury of removing thickset from a wall (mine's in the hearth and very stubborn) but I've removed a section of thick plaster over mesh from my kitchen wall. Regardless of how you dig into the wall I found using my pry bar at the studs did a half decent job of pulling the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks