Recent content by regrebleo

1. regrebleo

Flame sight glass causing failure on UFT-80W?

2 years ago, largely based on the excellent information and individuals on this forum I upgraded our old oversized cast iron boiler to a Westinghouse WBRUNG080W (which is the same as the HTP UFT-80w). I did most the prep work and plumbing myself but then got a professional to come by on...
  2. regrebleo

Over sizing a HTP UFT boiler in anticipation of basement remodel?

It is interesting to hear that the UFT boiler can be derated up to 50%. I am a little confused as to what advantage that offers however. Doesn't a mod con constantly derate itself to match the load? If I went with the 100k wouldn't it just never reach high fire rate since it would not need to...
  3. regrebleo

NY_Rob, thanks for your quick response. I should have clarified that my heating is cast iron radiators all on one zone. Cheers.
  4. regrebleo

I am interested in replacing my aging boiler with one of the HTP UFT boilers. Based on two years of heating data run through Dana's formulas I have calculated a load of about 45k. I sanity checked this with a heat loss which came in at around 50k. Adding the ASHRAE 1.4x multiplier it gets me up...
  5. regrebleo

Boiler Size Calculation based on therms, HDD and 99%

Thank you very much for all of the replies, I greatly appreciate all of your perspectives. Badger, thanks for the clarification about the DHW needs; Dana, thanks for confirming my previous calculation was correct and pointing out my math for the porch was too simplistic; and Tom, thanks for...
  6. regrebleo

Boiler Size Calculation based on therms, HDD and 99%

Hello, my family and I recently bought a 1800 sq. ft. house in Minneapolis that was built in 1900. The house is currently heated by a Weil Mclain HE-6 cast iron gas boiler but it has not been well maintained and needs replacing. The plan is to replace it with a mod-con boiler with an indirect...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks