Recent content by prosedsp

1. prosedsp

Oatey Plumbing Flange Question

Wow, you have got some great eyes! You were right, I checked and one of the tiles was causing it to rock ever-so-slightly. Trimmed it off and it sits perfectly flush. You guys have been great!
  2. prosedsp

Thanks Smooky, I will definitely screw it down to the floor. I was planning on using a wax ring, but was wondering if one of the non-wax might be a better option in this circumstance, like the one below: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Fluidmaster-Better-Than-Wax-Universal-Toilet-Seal-7530P24/205762183
  3. prosedsp

Thanks Reach4. The original floor was laminate tile on top of wood. I added tile backer board and then the hex tile which raised the floor significantly leaving a gap between the top of the CI sewer line and the top of the floor. The Oatey ring is sitting directly on the tile floor. Thanks again!
  4. prosedsp

Thanks for the help Smooky. For what it is worth it is 1.25 inches from the lip of the sewer line to the top of the flange. The toilet is on the 2nd floor. I realize that this isn't the ideal option, but I thought this other Oatey 43539 flange might be more appropriate. What do you think? Oatey...
  5. prosedsp

Thanks Smooky. It is sitting on top of the tile in the picture (hard to tell in the picture, sorry) I am wondering if the sewer drain needs to be flush with the tile for this flange to work. In the picture you can see the sewer drain is roughly a 1/2" below the tile. I am not sure if this will...
  6. prosedsp

I have a noob question for everyone. Does the sewer line need to be flush with the floor to install the Oatey flange I purchased (pic below of it installed)? Will this work or do I need to bring the line flush with the new tile floor? Thanks for the advice.
  7. prosedsp

Heater Not Working in "Auto" Pics Attached

OK, so I fixed it! It appears that I didn't take my own advice and double check all the connections that well... Turned out to be a faulty connector on the white wire coming out of the pump motor. As per Dana's suggestion I turned on the heater and noticed the pump was not running. After...
  8. prosedsp

Thanks Jim! Unfortunately I do not have the wiring diagram, and I can't find it online anywhere. There is not a pressure gauge hooked up in there either :( I will check it out tonight and report back with my findings. Thanks for all your help!
  9. prosedsp

Thanks Dana. I am hoping that it is a loose wire on the thermostat! Also, I can turn on the blower by turning the thermostat to "on", if that tells you anything. Thanks!
  10. prosedsp

I believe my system is a "hydronic furnace", since it uses water from the water heater that is pumped through coils that air passes over. Is this correct?
  11. prosedsp

Thanks for the reply, I will take a look when I get home, although I do not remember seeing any other switches in the unit, just the ones in my photo. Also, since my unit uses hot water from the water heater via a pump inside the furnace there shouldn't be a control for the "fuel" should there...
  12. prosedsp

last pic of the thermostat:
  13. prosedsp

Hello, this is my first post on the forum. I have been having issues with my heating system not working when set in the "auto" position. Background: My heating system is completely independent of my cooling system. My house uses evaporative cooling which is controlled through another wall...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks