Recent content by Presence

1. Presence

Low water pressure at one shower but not the other

Take it apart... sometimes there are little government lackey flow control limiters in there that get clogged up with the first pass of sediment. I've never opened one of those particular faucets. The same can be true of the shower head you choose. Look in there and see if its choking down...
  2. Presence

Do I have to replace this pipe?

My inclination for these situations is 3/4 fitting brush (for copper fittings); I cut the handle off and attach to a drill. Then when I apply thread sealant I do so to both male and female threads. Regarding this situation: Had it gotten "crushed" when attempting to remove the nipple...
  3. Presence

Washing machine not vented,

Green roofs imply weight from dirt load. Typically commercial installations use specific light weight soils and commonly are covered in succulents and sedum over a 60mil butyl pond liner. Soil depth is usually 2-6 inches. If there is pitch over 1:12 the soil is often held back with a mesh...
  4. Presence

Funky-ish odor in kitchen sink

I suspect you have something in your trap; some eggs or something. Fill the sink to the top... then let it drain out to flush your trap clear.
  5. Presence

Bathtub drain leak: how do I know if it is something OTHER than bad putty?

Well and good. I agree. But here's my situation.... DEFECTIVE GLASS TUB; DRAIN FLANGE NOT FACTORY SMOOTH. Little Old Lady, fixed income; I need to patch this situation up for her for under $150. Call it "defective" and get a new tub enclosure is not an option. Very Minimal Access. I...
  6. Presence

Bottling Pressurized Methane from Well Water

What you have described is the "typical" methane abatement system. It requires A large open to the atmosphere storage tank w/ float valve control of well pump (200-500 gallons) and an indoor place; or below ground place to store it. an aeration sprinkler system within (or bubbler) and the...
  7. Presence

Ok here are my latest plans. Changes were made after educating myself on "vortex breakers", "pump cavitation", "inlet design", "free surface vortices", etc. and then further refined to reduce part cost. I also redesigned my output ports so they end in threaded stainless: PVC/CPVC transition...
  8. Presence

Moving on towards "vortex degassing". Major cost savings in parts and also major savings in long term electricity usage: I'm looking at ART-DNe cycle timers and 3/4 actuator valves for the sediment and protein purge; one set for each so I purge at the highest flow rate. Maybe 30 seconds...
  9. Presence

Actually it will light with just a simple acetylene "flint spark lighter". I use the mapp torch to light the sink because it lights it instantly; a bit safer than waiting on a good spark while the gas builds up in my house. The torch tip on the bucket contraption has no additional feed of any...
  10. Presence

I prefer "opportunity" over "problem" ;) I'm not actually in Wisconsin... for some reason your board "automatically" entered that as my location when I signed up. For privacy I'd rather not disclose my location, but I will say I am in Marcellus Shale at least 20 miles from the closest...
  11. Presence

1)removal of the expansion tank from the recirculating loop to induce 0 psi state 2)Separating the spirotrap and spirovent circulation loops to pull from different locations in the tank; trapping from heavy water at bottom of tank and venting light water on the top of the tank. 3)Using a simple...
  12. Presence

Bump 'cause my wife is freaking out now that I advised her not to light candles in the house after informing her I need at least $1500 to do anything productive about it.
  13. Presence

I have a considerable amount of methane in my well water. Milky and bubbly. I can fill a soda bottle from my kitchen tap and light the tip as it bubbles off. Preliminary "experimentation" shows a constant 6" #48 torch flame off of 2 GPM water flow rate. I'm fairly sure the methane is "biogenic"...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks