Recent content by pmoe

1. pmoe

RIP 21 y.o. Rheem. What's next?

Any reason not to just run the vent straight through the foundation to the outside world? That's what I was going to do if I went the PV route (which is looking likely).
  2. pmoe

Thanks Dana. Assuming I'm in the ballpark on the SS liner, it sounds like power vent or direct vent is my best option.
  3. pmoe

My heating system is not hydronic. I guess I must be vastly underestimating the cost of a tankless install. It's been a while since I looked into tankless, but my lack of warm showers has forced me to make a decision. :)
  4. pmoe

My 1988 40 gallon Rheem water heater gave up the ghost last week and it's time for a new one. I'm open to all suggestions, short of a cow patty fired stove, due to lack of available cow patties in my neighborhood. The house will have 2 full baths + kitchen (dishwasher) + washing machine +...
  5. pmoe

Tub drain/waste/overflow escutcheon placement with respect to finished floor

How's that for a descriptive title? :) I'm installing a small clawfoot tub (if I ever get it refinished) and I bought all new decorative hardware for it. Here's the rough in plumbing for it: I haven't figured out how all my tub drain parts go together, but I assume a compression fitting...
  6. pmoe

Recirculating pump - Noise in pipes

AFAIK, all my supply lines are copper.
  7. pmoe

Recirculating pump - Noise in pipes

FWIW, I just installed a Laing Autocirc1 and also noticed a noise emanating from my walls afterwards. I'm curious to know what is going on.
  8. pmoe

Recirculating pump: Laing or Chilipepper?

I just installed the Laing Autocirc1 (there is a '2' model now). Be advised that if you have a pedestal sink (like I do), you can probably forget about tucking the pump out of the way. It works fine for the lav to which it is attached. However, it doesn't seem to do much for the shower a few...
  9. pmoe

Concerned about my new plumbing rough in

:mad: Anything else jumping out at anyone before I take this all up with the owner of the company?
  10. pmoe

BTW, the electrical went in before the plumbing. I know that's less than optimal, but I didn't have a lot of choice given the circumstances. I don't know if the electrician was trying to leave room for the DWV and supply or just didn't bother stapling the lines up.
  11. pmoe

I only have two hands or I'd take a picture with a level on it. It's going the wrong way. This concerns me. I bought all the PE to do this and left it in the bathroom and hoped they would take the initiative, but they just moved it out of the bathroom. The double top plate was already...
  12. pmoe

I've been out of town the last couple of days while plumbers were roughing in a full bath for me. Yes, I am fastidious, but I have some concerns, so I'm looking for feedback on what has been done. 1) Should this vent pipe be straight or does it matter? Looks like it bends into the T...
  13. pmoe

Insulating old house

Keep in mind there is more than one kind of foam. There are expanding (looks like shaving cream) and non-expanding foams. Within the expanding category, there are open and closed cell varieties. If you're worried about blowing the plaster and lathe, you can use the non-expanding variety...
  14. pmoe

Running DWV through framing in an old house

3 out of 4 are exterior walls.
  15. pmoe

Quality of decorative supply lines and drain/overflow for clawfoot tubs?

I'm planning on shutoffs for the sink and toilet. The tub was the only fixture in question. The bathroom is 1st floor and will only be a few feet away from a (new) 1/4 turn stop and waste ball valve for the incoming supply lines feeding only that bathroom. I'd be curious to see pix of your...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks