Recent content by plumbconfused

1. plumbconfused

Drain problem - all connectors and no pipe!

OK guys I bit the bullet and ordered a 4" Pipe Hog, on clearance at **************.com. I think this will give me the best chance at a cleanly reamed fitting to start over with. I'll probably start at the top and try it to get a little experience and then with confidence go to the lowest...
  2. plumbconfused

What about cutting off flush with the top of one of the vertical connectors and then using a No-Hub to go to a new section of pipe? I'm thinking that or the rambit technique is my first likely attempt. The budget is so incredibly thin I just have to figure how to get it done. I truly wish I...
  3. plumbconfused

Yes, the problem seems to be that there isn't a long enough exposed piece of pipe to put a fitting on to "start over" anywhere along there. Perhaps the rambit is the way to go, and then build up from the place I use it. Regarding the venting comments... the horizontal 4" pipe leads to a...
  4. plumbconfused

I'm attaching a photo (hopefully) that shows the problem. When our 4" line to the street got full of roots, the guys ran new PVC all the way into the house. When they attached it, they "jacked up" a bit of the existing pipe so now it runs UPHILL just before going down (see pic). So far (2...
  5. plumbconfused

New toilet drain question

I sure don't understand all I know about these vents and drains. Now that the floor is open and I have access to all the PVC and haven't even glued any pipes in the PVC spaces or even built the shower walls, now is definitely the time to make changes if I need to. Did all of my description of...
  6. plumbconfused

This 3" drain only handles the toilet and the shower - I have another 2" drain pipe already installed on the other side of the room and running to the basement so it won't have to cut through 10 2x8 floor joists. So, back to the 3 x 3 x 2 sanitary T vertically placed under the 3" flange in...
  7. plumbconfused

Hello all: I'm adding a new bathroom in an old house second floor. So far have a new 3" drain installed all the way to the ceiling in the room below. I have the subfloor removed in the second floor remodel area and can see my new 3" 90 poking up through the ceiling below (encased in a nice...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks