Recent content by Peter100

1. Peter100

How Do I Puill This Pitless Adaptor?

I have found the pump and check valve to buy. But I still need to figure out how to disassemble the PVC pipe from the old check valve. The PVC pipe is screwed into the check valve. Is it possible to unscrew the PVC pipe from the old check valve then reuse it with the new valve? Thanks for your...
  2. Peter100

Thanks for the advice. How about the WAYNE pump sold in Menards? It seems pretty decent to me. Right now, I am having a hard time separating the old pump from the copper adapter (see attached photo). I applied lubrication oil and hammered on the wrench, but it doesn't work. Any idea how to...
  3. Peter100

The current pump is 230 volts with 1/2 HP. Attached below is a photo of a label found on the bottom of the pump. I measured the voltage of the pump with a result of 215 volts, and heard the motor make a soft whirring sound for 5 seconds before the breaker tripped (I tested this several times...
  4. Peter100

The water is 25 feet below ground surface The pump is 55 feet below ground surface Static water level is 40 feet below ground surface I attached a photo for the pressure tank size. What are some suggestions for the size of the new pump ? HP? GPM? This is a two wire pump. I am also having...
  5. Peter100

Thanks everyone for the help. I made a metal T-handler and got the pump out!!! Yes, it is heavy. Reach4, for your question, the arm was lifted out. Now I need to find out the old pump's horse-power in order to buy a new one with the same HP or higher. Searched the model number on the internet...
  6. Peter100

Thanks for the advice from Cacher_Chick. My house is a standard 4 bedroom house and 24 years old, and the well is about 68' deep. Here is the photo of my pitless adapter, as you can see, there is no visible flange. Maybe this is an old design and the flange is not visible from the top? Or the...
  7. Peter100

Hi, my well has the same type of pitless adapter as displayed in the picture. There is not rust on the adapter but I still don't see the flange. I made a 1' PVC T handler and hooked it to the adapter successfully. When I pulled the T handler by hand, the adapter just doesn't move or lose at...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks