Recent content by Peter Dolan

1. Peter Dolan

Sink Water not Draining, No Blockage

Well, just in case there was anyone hankering for an update on this, I have put a vent into the pipe and the water is now flowing. It's still getting backed up a little bit, so there is either a physical blockage further down the pipe as well or there is more pressure further down the line...
  2. Peter Dolan

Thanks for all the responses guys; This is just a crude drawing showing where I took the current trap pieces from, (they were spares) the red pieces highlighted in that drawing are now inverted and make up the trap you can see in the photo and diagrams. I've no idea how it is after the wall...
  3. Peter Dolan

This is the old drainage system. Not sure what kind it is, but for sure there was no vent or anything on it... (the 32mm pipe running out to the right there was longer and ran straight into the wall). The type I am currently using is probably not something you recognise as I had to bodge it...
  4. Peter Dolan

Hmmm, I can't really start installing stuff into the wall even if I wanted to. The sink is in my wife's business and it was just supposed to be a quick job... It's very odd as there was a sink there before which also had no vent and that worked fine... I guess I don't need to test anything...
  5. Peter Dolan

It did indeed. I am pretty certain this is some sort of siphoning effect that I was supposed to learn in school but didn't... nevertheless that is what happened. And when I removed the tubing the water flow stopped pretty quickly again. Okay, I understand what you mean, that can be the next...
  6. Peter Dolan

Hello, Thanks for the advice guys. I am not sure what the overflow refers to exactly... if you mean the sink overflow then there is indeed one, but the water is stopping at the bend in the pipe way after that (I have added the sink overflow to the little diagram below and you can see it in the...
  7. Peter Dolan

Well I guess it is supposed to visually show what I was trying to explain. That the water sits in the sink above the drainage pipes and won't flow around the corner despite there being no blockage... and I've no idea why...
  8. Peter Dolan

So I have been back to the drawing board and tried again with the sink and now I know exactly what is happening with the water flow... but I cannot for the life of me understand it. So far as I can tell it is witchcraft or a glitch in the matrix or something. However I am hoping it will turn out...
  9. Peter Dolan

Thanks for the compliment, the drawing went a lot better than the sink installation so far... It might however be a little misleading, I drew the 32mm pipe a bit exaggerated to show where it goes, it is in actuality only the length of the two gaskets fact-to-face. However it still pushes...
  10. Peter Dolan

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem I'm having with a sink I'm fitting not draining even though there isn't a blockage (maybe). Quick background, I am putting the sink into my wife's business. There was a large ceramic sink with copper and steel piping that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks