Recent content by Paul16887

1. Paul16887

What tool is good for gas pipe union connector?

Thank you for all the inputs, I've really learned a lot about pluming since posting this thread. The more I practiced the more questions I countered and answered by all of you. I appreciate you very much. I've decided to back out this time for three reasons: 1. Scale from 1 to 10, my...
  2. Paul16887

From the picture, I'm planning to cut the middle of CD to move out the old water heater but thinking to soldering back may be a challenge for a novice. with CD only 3.25" wide and inserting a straight 1.5 " fitting, I'm afraid to mess up the neighbor fitting.( too close ?) How do I solder back...
  3. Paul16887

"open a faucet to let the hot expanding air out of the line while you're soldering" I can open the hot water faucet because there is no hot water. But for the cold water pipe , there is a ball valve in the cold water pipe to water heater. Do I have to shut down the main water valve, then open...
  4. Paul16887

I bought this torch kit and did some practices. I want to practice as much as possible but am afraid of not having enough propane while doing the actual job. The picture shows 14.1 OZ (400g). Initially, the the weight of propane can was 814g after 5 joints soldering is 802g. (814-802) divide 5...
  5. Paul16887

I cut the pipe with hacksaw that didn't create "raised edge", if space permitting, is hacksaw a better choice? Do I have to replace the vaccum release valve, how to test it? Thanks.
  6. Paul16887

I cut the 3/4" copper pipe using pipe cutter , the inner of pipe end is smaller than original. (raised edge) Could this indicate the pipe cutter is not sharp enough or I turned too much on the nob while cutting the pipe?
  7. Paul16887

Thank you very much for the advice. Can I re-use the iron pipe between union and gas controller?
  8. Paul16887

I 'll replace a gas water heater and I'm a novice. I've read a lot of information from internet and watched many Youtube clips. I know I need to practice soldering skill for cold and hot water line. I don't know how to proper re-connect the gas pipe with union connector. How do I know I will...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks