Recent content by Optiker

1. Optiker

Shower-only valve/faucet/trim

jimbo and hj...thanks for the explanation of why I can't find a lever-type valve. Guess I'm stuck with what's available. I'm still not convinced that a pull and turn, or a two control valve are any more scald-proof than a lift-lever valve, unless there is something in the scald-control mechanism...
  2. Optiker

Thanks jadnashua...I understand all of that. It's just hard to believe that in the 15 years since my house was built that the single lever, turn for temp, lift for volume control has gone out of existence for showers, but is still so common for sinks. CAUTION - INFLAMMATORY SARCASM FOLLOWS!:) In...
  3. Optiker

OK - I looked at the Delta 700 Series. They wold work, but I really prefer the tip up lever and don't understand why they are so common for sinks, were once common for showers, and now I can't find a single one! My elderly mother-in-law lived with us for a number of years, and that's what was on...
  4. Optiker

Thanks jimbo...will check it out. Optiker
  5. Optiker

I'm installing a new shower in a new bathroom. The two existing showers in the house have shower valves that are like the ones on many sinks - a lever that points downward/forward normally, swings left or right for temperature control, and lifts upwards for flow volume control. I don't see a...
  6. Optiker

Tankless for occasional use in new addition guest bath

Resolved! Time to fish or cut bait! Between what I've read here and failing to get any encouragement from local friends who are more knowledgeable than I, I've backed away from tankless and decided to just go with a tank water heater, and leave it turned off when not needed. Guests who drop...
  7. Optiker

TOTO Ultramax II, MS604114CEFG toilet reviews & pictures

I'm looking at an Ultramax II. I've seen Gwyneth and Ultramax II under the same manufacturer's number (TOTO MS604114CEFG). Are they the same toilet? Thanks! Optiker
  8. Optiker

Brand recommendations? Based on everything I've now read here and elsewhere, and my specific needs, I guess I've decided to take the plunge and buy an electric tankless water heater. I'm about ready to place an online order, but want to take one more shot at any helpful information. As in my...
  9. Optiker

Dana.. Thanks for the reply. Gas is not an alternative as we don't have natural gas available and propane would require a whole new installation. Electric service is already in place with more than enough capacity, and our rates in the Mid-Columbia are relatively low. The new shower, as well...
  10. Optiker

Toto Eco Ultramax vs Ulramax II

What's your price on the Ultramax II? I'm in the TriCities (Zipcode 99320) area...do you ship, and if so, what shipping cost? Thanks for the quick reply! Optiker
  11. Optiker

I've browsed some of the posts on tankless water heaters and get the impression that in general, folks aren't too happy with them. My sister had a whole house system in a very large house, and I wasn't thrilled with it the first visit when I was showering, but in later visits, it seemed much...
  12. Optiker

Toto Eco Ultramax vs Ulramax II

In browsing the web for Toto toilet information, I came across two models that are similar in price, but different models and am interested in anybody can comment on differences. Eco Ultramax ADA with E-Max flushing system (MS854114EL#10) Ultramax II ADA with Double Cyclone flushing system...
  13. Optiker

Kitchen faucet - bending copper supply tubes

Redwood...right. After I gave it some thought, I realized that. I tend to think through projects and visualize each step looking for "gotchas" and then think through solutions and backup solutions before I start. That's why this simple project has had four threads in this forum! :) Four...
  14. Optiker

Kitchen faucet - bending copper supply tubes

That makes sense! I don't know what a spring bender is, but if it's what it sounds like, I think I can picture it. I can probably find or borrow one. Thanks again! Optiker
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks