Recent content by OliOliUmphry

1. OliOliUmphry

Outside Well Aerator Overflowing

I found the stainless steel springs and finally got around to changing it out. This is the setup..... 1" PVC Check Valve from Home Depot https://www.homedepot.com/p/Mueller-Streamline-1-in-PVC-Check-Valve-101-605HC/100200991 Stainless Steel Spring from MSC Industrial Supply...
  2. OliOliUmphry

Correction I made a mistake on the spring I used. It was not the Ace Hardware #93, it was the #131. (1.062 Long, .625 OD, .047 WG) This is the closest I could find in stainless steel on the internet. http://www.centuryspring.com/compression-spring-71733s.html It's rated at 11 lbs./in Problem...
  3. OliOliUmphry

That is a good Idea. I will make an attempt and post my findings. I believe it to be of importance to know the spring rate, not only for me, but for anyone who may benefit from this thread.
  4. OliOliUmphry

Ok. Problem solved with excellent results, with one small caveat. I bought a standard PVC spring check valve from Home Depot. The stock spring felt very close to the 1/2 lb. one that failed. The one I bought had access to the spring which was held in with a cap and small screw. I disassembled...
  5. OliOliUmphry

You would be correct. It came today and It is indeed a 1/2 lb. spring. It does not work what-so-ever. Slow water filling the valve went right by it. I must have ordered the wrong tension. I looked at so many, I must have overloaded my brain. I do believe this method will work with the...
  6. OliOliUmphry

My check valve shipment is delayed 2 days. Way to go Amazon Prime. That sounds like a viable alternative. I really like that. If the check valve does not work, that will be my next attempt. In that case....would you recommend a pressure or atmospheric breaker?
  7. OliOliUmphry

Disregard that last question. After some research, I found my answer. To sum it up....it's possible that I have a gravity/artesian well, and due to the heavy rain and water level, it's pressurizing. Apparently there are artesian wells, and "free flowing" artesian wells. And depending on...
  8. OliOliUmphry

Let me ask.....how would I know if it is/is not an artesian well?
  9. OliOliUmphry

Yes sir, sorry. I'm not very knowledgeable on the terminology of such valves, or even plumbing. I misled by calling it an anti-siphon valve because that it what I will be using it for. It is a Swing/Spring Combination Check Valve. This is the first time in 6 years I've had this problem. If...
  10. OliOliUmphry

I just want to add this to prevent confusion...This valve is designed to stop "backflow". I am using it a bit backwards, to stop a low pressure "forward" leak, if you will.
  11. OliOliUmphry

https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-200-C10-Swing-Spring-Combination/dp/B00B95UDW0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1506373315&sr=8-1&keywords=Valterra+200-C10+PVC I agree too. That's why I'm guessing at the 2 lb. Only way to know is to try, in this case.
  12. OliOliUmphry

Reach4.....No sir. The 2 PSI valve is an anti siphoning valve. It takes a minimum of 2 PSI before water will be allowed to pass. The pump would open it but not the pressure from the well. At least that's the plan. valveman....Yes. They have different rated springs. I'm guessing at the 2...
  13. OliOliUmphry

Why would it be pressurized all the sudden? Putting the well pump on a switch may be an alternative. What I have decided to do is...I purchased a $14.00 spring/flapper PVC check valve. I'm going to install that on Wednesday. It takes 2 PSI to open. Hopefully that will fix the issue. If not...
  14. OliOliUmphry

The float is a switch. We had that installed less than a year ago when we updated the system. It replaced a valve float. It is not an artesian well, though it seems to be acting like one. A couple month ago we had water coming out of the electric box on the well cap. All they did was epoxy...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks