Recent content by Oldman Ludicrous

1. Oldman Ludicrous

Pipe Dope, Plumbers Putty, or Teflon Tape?

Thanx. I'm new at the game- at least with PVC. (heh- ask me about computers sometime. Fifty+ years as a techie -everything from S360/370 to Raspberries) Your 2nd pic above is confusing. - a ¾" CPVC male adapter? Looks like a male brass thread into a female CPVC. Anyhow, I'm gonna fit my male...
  2. Oldman Ludicrous

Pipe Dope, Plumbers Putty, or Teflon Tape?

Pursuant to some of the comments above re the use of teflon tape on pvc and cpvc joints, I'm in the process of replacing some ¼" CPVC piping, in an unused 2nd bathroom in a "far-corner" of the house - this winter, someone (me?) accidentally turned off the electric heat - usually set to 3 or 4...
  3. Oldman Ludicrous

Oatey Great White Pipe Dope

Just a note- you COULD periodically test your gas joints to see if there are any leaks by "painting" or spraying a mild (diluted of course) dishwasher liquid onto them. If a little froth develops around the seal, tighten slightly. If it still froths, plan a re-do! If the joint starts to look...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks