Recent content by NKaufman

1. NKaufman

Water Heater Pilot Won't Stay Lit

Glad things are sorted. Written communication sometimes is hard :) I will keep this board updated so that others could check this issue before going the costly route of replacing Gas Valve, the one for my model costs $200
  2. NKaufman

In post 12 I'd mentioned that As soon as I put the cover back, the pilot light goes out as the cover touches wires and thermcouple and might messes up the position. That didn't happen after post #15. Pilot lit up, we put cover back etc. And it seemed to work. Raised temp this morning to listen...
  3. NKaufman

Checked water heater seems to be working fine Raised temp of water and burner came on immediately, turns off immediately when water temp lowered. Will keep the forum informed so if this is really a fix then people can look into this before replacing Gas Valve etc.
  4. NKaufman

He was doing something else and took a look at this for a nominal additional charge since he was already here. No warranty... This is a 18 year old heater and I have no home warranty. Might think of it since house is 18 years old and apart from roof, toilets, dishwasher, microwave, washer and...
  5. NKaufman

I'd been looking at this with the repairman. With all the wiggling I was doing, he finally figured that the connection between thermocouple and gas valve wasn't getting tight enough. So he took it off, dropped the nut a few threads, wrapped some wire around the connection above the nut and then...
  6. NKaufman

Hello, I have a Bradford White Model - MI5036FB - Gas Water heater. I had thermocouple replaced with a BW OEM thermocouple. Same issue as before, pilot lights up when switch depressed and goes out as soon as I release the switch, even after keeping it pressed for over 3 min. before having it...
  7. NKaufman

Faucet Grinding Noise

noise happens at Only One faucet, only when its turned on. need to investigate if this happens with both cold and hot water supply. update - yes the noise happens with both cold and hot water. it is mild grinding noise that goes away after few seconds. Now this is the same bathroom, the only...
  8. NKaufman

Faucet Grinding Noise

Hello, Have a Moen single faucet with hot and cold lines. For the past few days, whenever the faucet is turned on, i hear a mild grinding noise at the level beneath bathroom level. Goes away after few seconds. Thought perhaps Aerator is bad/clogged. Replaced it but still same grinding noise...
  9. NKaufman

I just experienced this the other day. Got a call from S.O. that there is no hot water. Came home and found pilot light was out. Tried to light it several times, On click the light would get lit but after several tries (each one in which I held down the switch longer than the previous one), the...
  10. NKaufman

Drain hot water tank

Another question - The instructions in my manual do not say anything about T&P valve open and close in Drain and Fill. Is this required? Have seen some posts where people have opened T&P valve. If not needed then I don't want to complicate this effort lol
  11. NKaufman

Drain hot water tank

Hello, Have a Bradford-White water heater and am looking to drain it. Shower caulk has some yellow stain on it coming from shower water, suggesting that maybe hot water tank has mineral deposits, hasn't been drained in a few years. The steps outlined in the manual are: 1. Rotate the thermostat...
  12. NKaufman

Metal or plastic drain pipe + pop up

I meant, I'll replace the entire pop up assy of course, but should I get metal/metal-plated or plastic ones Since I also need to replace the pipe section that had the thread stripped off, should I yet again replace with plastic or metal/metal-plated
  13. NKaufman

Metal or plastic drain pipe + pop up

Hello, Noticed that the popup rod that connects to sink drain pipe had rusted and come off, ball still in pipe Tried to remove the nut and not only did the nut come off, but it also stripped the thread of the pipe, the entire thing came off, see pic So, I think I need to replace the pipe, in...
  14. NKaufman

What parts come with Drake Toilet apart from Tank/Bowl?

The only parts that came with Tank were - Seal between tank and bowl, Nuts and Bolts to connect Tank w/Bowl and Bowl Caps
  15. NKaufman

Toto cleaning

Terry has mentioned here in the forums (1) use Dawn dish wash cleaner (2) Nylon Bristle brush Would silicon brush - https://www.amazon.com/Lefree-Silicone-Bathroom-Non-Slip-White-Grey/dp/B07W6SSJ1N that we have not work? Or do we need a brush like -...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks