Recent content by mrideout

1. mrideout

No cold water in laundry closet

I'm not sure its the quadtro. That has a 1/4 turn valve installation, and I don't remember doing that. Wishing I would have bought that unit. Here in SoCal, the water is so hard...there are always these issues. I believe I have the original receipt at home, so I may be able to find the...
  2. mrideout

But, again, my main issue right now is can I remove the valve stem without removing the bonnet? Or break the ball loose?
  3. mrideout

OK, so I found the problem. When I removed the T-split I could observe the ball and it is definitely not turning. So my question to you guys: can I remove that valve and replace it without opening the bonnet and wall? I'm not sure if you guys know, but I though I would ask. But I don't...
  4. mrideout

I shut off the water at the main outside of the building. Ice machine may actually be a completely unrelated issue, but I haven't been able to test it since I haven't been able to get water flowing past the valve stem. I'm going there now and will take a pic of the setup and post it. And yes...
  5. mrideout

There could be a shutoff below the sill plate, but I'll need to ask the neighbor. I don't know how the water comes in to HIS unit. The only thing I can see is the main shutoff outside of the building. I dug up a movie of the work I did in 2012 to install the valve stems. Remembered that I had...
  6. mrideout

So, there was the new valve stem and then a T-coupling (90 degree offshoot) that supplied the washer and the ice maker. I'll take a few pictures tomorrow
  7. mrideout

Jeff, I'll try the compressed air/blowing. Reach 4, After the new valves were installed, a T-(coupling??) was installed that branched off a copper feed tube to the ice maker.
  8. mrideout

Thanks guys! There are four apartments are connected, mine included. I can shut water off, but it will have to be coordinated with others. There is not a drop of water that comes out that valve stem. The picture that I posted is older; new valve stems were installed in 2012 with quick...
  9. mrideout

Hi everyone, I'm stumped by this problem. 2nd story apartment with a laundry closet. Cold water hook up is fed up through the sill plate in the floor (see picture). Hot water comes in from the ceiling where it eventually makes its way to the water heater. I have hot water in the laundry...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks