Recent content by morningside

1. M

Can you replace a cable-drive rotary-turn drain?

One piece of good news (for me): I just figured out that it should be possible to access and replace the PVC piping without lifting up the tub, which means that this should be doable even if I do need to install new overflow-drain piping. After I removed the metal drain ring from the tub, I...
  2. M

Can you replace a cable-drive rotary-turn drain?

Howdy, Our house has an old tub with a cable-drive rotary-turn drain similar to the Kohler model pictured below (but at least 20-30 years old). The overflow plate functions as a knob, which you twist to open and close the drain stopper. This old rotary-turn drain is partly corroded and no...
  3. M

Best options for 14" rough-in (2023)

Thanks for the input! Yes, I think it's within budget. Looks like the toilet itself goes for around $600, and the 14" Unifit is about $80. Yeah, unfortunately I think the Highline is just too big, which means there's nothing from Kohler that works.
  4. M

Best options for 14" rough-in (2023)

Hello all, I'm looking to replace an old American Standard with a 14" rough-in, and I'd like to get the most reliable 1.28 GPF toilet available in the $250-750 price range. Unfortunately, the options for a 14" rough-in are limited. I'd appreciate any input on these candidates: 1. Kohler...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks