Recent content by Modernwood

1. Modernwood

Can you identify Loud Dishwasher drain noise from airgap?

CAn you please chec Reach, mind please checking that link? It's just coming straight back to this page.
  2. Modernwood

I used to be an audio mixer and know a thing or two about acoustics. I need something to dampen it. Best thing would be like a rubber stopper actually plugging it. Any sound coming out is just going to reverberate in that big sink. But that defeats the purpose of the air gap entirely. (which...
  3. Modernwood

Thanks for the YouTube Link tip. I changed it so it should work. So do you think that my airgap just sounds like a normal airgap? I can't imagine everyone in CA (or however far reaching this code is) is dealing with this. Yeah I may try to tie it directly to the disposal as a last resort...
  4. Modernwood

Dishwasher drain questions

Did this work? My bosh 800 drains from an airgap into my new disposal and it's loud as hell. Looking for a solve.
  5. Modernwood

Reducing drain and air gap noise new Bosch 500 dishwasher

Did you find a solution to this? I'm dealing with the same thing. Bosh 800 rated to 40db (I'm aware the rating has nothing to do with the drain noise, but one doesn't buy the quiet one expecting there to be loud parts).
  6. Modernwood

When my dishwasher drains, there is a loud dishwasher drain noise. It's a gurgling sound emanating mostly from the airgap. The dishwasher drains to the airgap, which drains to a junction at the top of the disposal. Here's a YouTube link to the offending sound. At the end, I cover it to show...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks