Recent content by Mnalep

1. Mnalep

Just notice some water around the anode rod nut.

You were right. I sanded the paint off that water shutoff, and it sure looks like brass to me. I did not realize that brass could act like a dialectic between a galvanized pipe and a copper pipe!
  2. Mnalep

When you say "before screwed onto the heat trap", do you mean "before screwed onto the dialectic nipples'?
  3. Mnalep

So I just found the IPC online: https://codes.iccsafe.org/content/IPC2018/chapter-5-water-heaters But I can't find in Chapter 5 where it mentions the cold water supply line, or hot water pipe going out of the water heater? Or anything about flexible piping? Not in chapter 6 either...
  4. Mnalep

So if it's brass, it will be a darker 'brassy' color? (Not silvery like galvanized) I suppose that water shutoff could either be only brass, or galvanized? I also just read that brass is not magnetic. Galvanized steel is. So, that would be another way to tell.
  5. Mnalep

So the inspector is like your 'boss' ;-) GOT IT! Good idea to talk to other landlords too! I just found this there - https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?forums/plumbing-code-questions.26/
  6. Mnalep

I just found the page on this forum with the IPC, UPC, and NSPC - https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?forums/plumbing-code-questions.26/ How do I know the order of importance? If IPC is international, then are UPC (or NSPC) local? And which would one follow - local above national? I think...
  7. Mnalep

I misunderstood. You meant the water shutoff was brass. (I thought you meant the male fitting between the copper pipe and the water valve when I read your comment the first time!) So brass is considered to be a dialectic between the cooper and the galvanize?
  8. Mnalep

BTW. THANKS EVERYONE for offering your HELP!
  9. Mnalep

Oh! So I might be 'within code' using the flexible lines, since the exiting pipes right now is galvanized and copper. (no plastic). But then again, I might not, depending on the local codes? Do local codes override national codes? Seems like they should be online somewhere. (But then do I look...
  10. Mnalep

So, that fitting where my copper cold water line comes out of the shutoff is a brass fitting? Can you tell that from the picture, or are these threaded fittings that are soldered to copper pipe 'always' brass?
  11. Mnalep

So, that fitting where my copper cold water line comes out of the shutoff is a brass fitting? Can you tell that from the picture, or are these threaded fittings that are soldered to copper pipe 'always' brass?
  12. Mnalep

This is interesting to know. And thanks for that detailed description. Beyond a sale, I am also wondering if I rent this place out, and need to get a city inspection for a certificate of compliance, would the flexible stainless steel with sharkbites likely pass (or at least not be flagged as a...
  13. Mnalep

Ah. OK. That is what I was wondering. So, with those nipples - there would be no need for a dialectic union? There could be just a female copper fitting soldered onto a copper pipe and threaded over those dialectic nipples?
  14. Mnalep

I am planning on a DIY install. Thanks for that video. Very thorough. There are screws at the vent hood, just hard to see. (One is where that indent is). I sure like the idea of using flex lines with the sharkbite to connect exiting copper to the new tank's nipples! I think I'll do that. But...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks