Recent content by mmzullo

1. M

Deep well pump check valve

LLigetfa, The top check valve had a plastic seat and the spring was broken. The new one was all brass except for the spring. I'll go back over the stickies on top. Ballvalve, The replacement one was a Bennet. I'll keep you posted.
  2. M

Well I've been shopping around for pumps. Every one tells me to put a check valve every 100 feet. It's a poly pipe. I plan on putting an extra check valve at the pump anyway. Or should I just put it at the 1/2 mark? I found the paper work for the pump install when it was done. It was...
  3. M

Thanks for the reply. Yes I heard about the water hammer only if the pipe drains. I plan on fixing this correctly but replacing the check valve was a temp fix. I have never(knock wood) lost water at any time or have any air in the faucets unless I drained the tank. The pump was replaced...
  4. M

Hi Guys, I'm new to the forum but have been reading a lot about general stuff on here. I came up with a problem with my well. I was in the basement the other day and heard water running. Went to the well tanks and put my ear to the pipe and heard water running. So I checked all faucets and...