Recent content by MLB22

1. MLB22

Toilet flange size/height

here is youtube link or this one ( but I have not watched this one)
  2. MLB22

i called a pro plumber out to have a look - he shook his head and was a bit perplexed at the set up but in the end suggested a 2x wax ring - probably would have been ok but Im not sure i would have slept at night and i never do anything the easy way. So I took my multi tool to the top flange...
  3. MLB22

install angle valve shutoffs on threaded copper

house has 1/2 copper pipe with threaded fittings sweated at fixture valves (sinks toilets) want to replace with 1/4 turn shutoffs (90 degree ones) I have three questions 1) after removal of old valve and clean up of threads how much Teflon tape should be applied? 2) how do I get the valve body...
  4. MLB22

here is some added pictorial information
  5. MLB22

Thank you for your reply. Reality is that there is a second flange glued into the original flange - my concern is now the opening of the flange is a mere 2.5 inches - what if, when setting the bowl it get a bit misaligned and the toilet horn is not properly lined up - it will probably leak
  6. MLB22

After a fresh water leak I am nearing completion of a complete 2nd story bath remodel. I have concerns- with the height and opening size of the toilet flange. a) before remodel was ceramic tile, 1/2 cement board ,on 3/4 " T/G OSB on engineered floor joist 19.2" OC b) now removed tile and CBU...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks