Recent content by mjenc

1. mjenc

Expansion Tank Connected with Flex Pipe

I've learned that pipe already in place is generally not switched-out unless for cause. Flex is easier to deal with. I've learned as well that much of flex pipe brands are as well within CODE considerations. Besides that, my current HW tank has been attached via Flex to CPVC since 1992. Yes, the...
  2. mjenc

Thank you Reach4. But I've already purchased the Falcon EXPT2 ("2-gallon volume"). It's got a 5-year warranty. And it's rated to withstand up to 160F with a 50 gallon tank [A.O. Smith E9-55H55DV]. It was suggested to me by one local to wrap Teflon on male threads and smear pipe dope on the...
  3. mjenc

Its ok GTO. You responded. And that makes all the difference to a jack-leg plumber reaching out for opinions that only the -learned- can provide from their own experiences. I'll tell you what: I expect to pick-up and will have installed my new system in less than 10 days coming. And I will post...
  4. mjenc

Thank you for your response. I plan to install both new 55 gal. HWT and 2 gal ET as early as next week. I've assembled a small shelf [ with a hole in it much like a toilet seat ] to support the weight of the ET, which will sit a few inches higher but not more than 21 inches away from HW tank. I...
  5. mjenc

Can an expansion tank be connected with 24 inch flex pipe?