Recent content by Missus

1. Missus

New sink is too low, can I omit drain tail piece?

Thanks for the suggestions, especially on the pop up drain WITH DETACHABLE BASKET :) I was trying to find something which would help things from clogging the drain and didn’t think that a pop up drain would have a sink stopper like a basket. This is a much better option than my original idea of...
  2. Missus

There is no overflow for the sink/vanity that I’m hoping to replace as new.
  3. Missus

Is there a minimum length the tailpiece needs to be? Can it be like 2.5 inches short?
  4. Missus

Thank you. And is there a specific reason why we can’t just omit the tail piece of the drain? I thought the purpose of the tail piece is only to add height. Please correct me if I’m wrong, I’m an amateur DIYer.
  5. Missus

Thanks, but I don’t understand how this is solving my problem? If I reverse the p-trap, won’t I be trying to fight gravity too much when increasing the vertical distance from p-trap to the waste-line arm? I appreciate if you could elaborate.
  6. Missus

I’m installing a new vanity. The sink is deeper now compared to previous sink. The drain will end up right at the p trap opening. Can I just omit using the tail piece from the drain and install the drain straight into the p trap? This is my drain...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks