Recent content by Mike2187

1. Mike2187

Wall hung bathroom sink lavatory distance to wall

I just found this info: • The minimum distance between a wall and the edge of a free standing or wall-hung lavatory is 4". (IRC R 307.2) Comments: A pedestal or wall mounted lavatory must meet both of the building code requirements. The center of the lavatory must be at least 15"...
  2. Mike2187

Kohler Cimarron toilet review, Owner comments and pictures

I have had no clogs with the kohler cimmaron. You can flush half a roll of toilet paper down that thing with half of a used pizza and still no clogs.
  3. Mike2187

Need to install waterless p-trap from hepvo help

I found a cast brass one on ****. I hope this will work.
  4. Mike2187

P trap will have to poke through ceiling. Maybe I'll have someone box out a section in ceiling. Idk
  5. Mike2187

Thanks jimbo. Looks like I'll half to bite it. Ugh. How fitting that a bullet usually is brass and copper. Thanks Terry for answering my venting question.
  6. Mike2187

It is a lead p trap I am replacing It will be accessible through the ceiling of the first floor (second floor bathroom). The slip joint does concern me however. Do they even make brass p traps anymore? I also considered raising the floor of the bathroom but then I would have a ridiculously...
  7. Mike2187

It is a lead p trap I am replacing It will be accessible through the ceiling of the first floor (second floor bathroom). The slip joint does concern me however. Do they even make brass p traps anymore? I also considered raising the floor of the bathroom but then I would have a ridiculously...
  8. Mike2187

Thank you for your helpful post. The waterless trap is slated for approval in 2015. Over 7 million homes in Europe currently us them. Here are three Brits testing the back pressure on the thing. I called the company and specifically asked about inspectors. He advised that technology is...
  9. Mike2187

I am in the midst of remodeling my bathroom and exposed the plumbing. I wanted to replace the old lead P trap. I called in a plumber and he said that a new p trap would poke through the hole of the ceiling downstairs (2nd floor bath remodel). The clearance is too tight. The plumber is well...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks