Recent content by Mike Wayne

1. Mike Wayne

Replumbing large home project

While I'll be happy to get some free advice on this, it's way too big a project not to expect to pay for consulting help from a pro. This is an initial post to describe the project. We bought a "factory built" (not modular) house a few years ago. Originally built in 2006. Most of the plumbing...
  2. Mike Wayne

Need water softener recommendation

So, do I need to ask the well guy to add a tap so I can sanitize? Or do I look at pulling the 4 bolts holding on the top plate? Otherwise, any suggestions on how to proceed?
  3. Mike Wayne

Looks like some sort of spring inside the tee. Pix from the top and the side.
  4. Mike Wayne

I cleaned off the well top. Looks like the ground wire is the vent as there is play in it: Unless this top fitting is it? You're not suggesting a local installer with a Clack valve?
  5. Mike Wayne

Clearly, I need to set aside a Saturday and disinfect the well. Will do that. I'll look to see if there is an air vent or plug. Still need thoughts on a water softener.
  6. Mike Wayne

I should mention that I'm a city guy - this is my first well so I'm learning a lot. The smell used to be worse on the hot water side. I replaced the rod in the electric water heater and now it's about the same for hot and cold. No smell at all if used daily or so, minor smell if not used for...
  7. Mike Wayne

House has 6 bathrooms. While my wife and I are the only constant residents, we Airbnb rent the lake level with 6-8 additional people at various times throughout the warm season. Trying to supply complete information so that I get the right equipment. No softener currently installed. Well...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks