Recent content by michaelk

1. michaelk

Advice on how to run supply lines for shower

Hi, I'm replacing the shower in my basement bathroom and am wondering how to run the new supply lines. The existing supply lines are in the 'next joist bay' over from where they will need to be for the shower valve. They also are run direclty on top of the top plate of the wall... Should...
  2. michaelk

Advice on extending shower drain

How far does the drain line need to be 2"? If the CI isn't 2", would I be required to replace it all the way back to the trunk? Or can I put a fitting on that transitions from 2" PVC to whatever the CI diameter is? Regarding the "trap to vent distance", short of breaking up the concrete...
  3. michaelk

There are two vents in the vicinity, the closest is ~32" away (straight distance, I've no idea how far following the pipe). The other is near the toilet/sink and is ~7 feet away (again, straight).
  4. michaelk

I'm in the process of moving a shower drain in a concrete basement floor to line up with a new shower enclosure (old was rectangular, new will be corner). I've uncovered the p-trap and discovered that it was cast iron, but upon some more concrete smashing, that they used what look like the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks