Recent content by metlc

1. M

Closet Flange

My suggestion would be: Use a vent-ell for the closet flange. The purists may sniggle. But they probably have 10" joists too. Sometimes a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.
  2. M

Capping a buried gas stub

I'm in the process of running a new 1" water main in a trench abutting the slab. It would help a lot if I could remove an old vertical gas stub that's in the way. I dug out the stub down to the tee in the gas line. However, it's so old and rusted that if I torque it from aboveground it...
  3. M

Lav vent as trap arm?

I'm replacing a lav sink with a new pedestal lav. The toilet drain runs 12 inches from the 3" closet ell to the main 4" stack. I would like to run a five-foot-long trap arm from the new lav trap, tied into this 12" connection at the stack, which itself is not directly accessible. On one...
  4. M

Outdoor plumbing?

I'm doing an extensive downstairs rennovation on a small Southern California Depression-era "bungalow" (OK, shack). By "extensive" I mean: joist replacement (rim and floor), external reframing on two sides, etc. The minimal fixtures involved (kitchen, shower and lavatory) were/are all located...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks