Recent content by MCRinCA

1. MCRinCA

Foamy, Brown, Hard Water after regen - Clack WS1

Not sure if you ever resolved this, but are you sure your unit is going though all stages of a regen cycle? Sounds like you’re getting briny water (which can be yellow or “dirty” looking depending on resin type/condition). Your regen may be skipping the rinse stage. That happened to me on a...
  2. MCRinCA

Kohler toilet--fill tube pops out of canister

Cutting the hose end to get a wider diameter was a great suggestion and does work as I tried it but I’d like to add to it. I used one side of my needle nose pliers and drove it into the freshly cut end of the hose to widen it up for an even snugger fit. You can use any solid object slightly...
  3. MCRinCA

Fleck 9100SXT Regeneration problem

Hello Jlm: I replaced the 2 microswitches on my 5600sxt about 6 weeks ago. I have had no instances of short cycling since. I am pretty convinced that was the source of my problem all along. Replacing them was VERY easy and cost less than $20. If cleaning contactors doesn't eliminate your...
  4. MCRinCA

I replaced the two micro switches on my 5600sxt and have had two successful regen cycles with the brine tank refilled. If this is FINALLY the solution to my “short cycling” where the motor starts and quickly stops after BD without advancing the gears and pistons resulting in the cycle being out...
  5. MCRinCA

The issue with the motor stopping before the gears/pistons advance to next stage and throwing the system out of sequence, which I have observed, looks like a simple case of current being withdrawn from the motor (motor starts and quickly stops). I am hoping it is related to the micro switches...
  6. MCRinCA

Just read on another Board the term “short cycling” to describe this occurence and that the valve will always return to home/service position regardless of what goes wrong in a regen cycle.
  7. MCRinCA

What you have described is nearly identical to a the long term, but only intermittent problem I have had with my 5600sxt valve over the past 3-4 years. Long story short...I could never figure out why no brine refill after regen I would observe sometimes, but not all the time. I investigated...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks