Recent content by Manco

1. Manco

How do I stop my American Standard Reliant lavatory faucet from leaking?

Home Depot said they would give me a refund on the faucet -- even though the entries on the receipt are barely visible. This time around, I'm going to photocopy the receipt.
  2. Manco

The leak kept on intermitting, and I think you will be able to see the water marks on the faucet in the attachment. (I subsequently bought a Moen single-handle faucet, and for three days it has worked fine.)
  3. Manco

What I did: 1. Turned off the supply lines. 2. Removed the cap. 3. Unloosened the cartridge screws. 4. Replaced the cartridge. 5. Turned on the supply lines. 6. Turned the faucet handle all the way to the left and opened the hot water line for about 30 seconds. 7. Turned the faucet handle all...
  4. Manco

I have personally seen the drips coming from the hole in the attachment picture -- when the hot water is turned on. The drips fall down to the vanity floor. (I clumsily tried to indicate where the drip appears in my first post.)
  5. Manco

Assuming the water follows gravity, what keeps the water from accumulating around the inside of the faucet? I'm a novice, and what you said leads me to believe that the plumber's putty just keeps the water from "going further downhill" (sorry, I don't know the right words to explain...
  6. Manco

How do I stop my American Standard Reliant lavatory faucet from leaking? It doesn't have a big leak but it's big enough to keep things (like the floor of my vanity) wet most or all of the time. In the second attachment you can see a drip in the middle hole of the vanity. Sometimes I notice a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks