Recent content by Lp20th

1. Lp20th

Intermitent Shutdown - Burnham Revolution

I finally had a re-occurrence of this issue while I was standing next to the boiler. The shutdown is happening on its attempt to re-start the boiler during a call for heat. I was watching the operation and initially there was just one zone calling for heat. When the aquastat was hitting the...
  2. Lp20th

Thank you for the ignitor manual link. Of course its working ok now that I’m watching it.
  3. Lp20th

Thanks for the response. The ignition module that this boiler is equipped with is a Honeywell SV9502 and I don't see a status LED on it. It would be helpful if it had one.
  4. Lp20th

I have a 2003 Burnham Revolution propane fired boiler that is having an intermittent shutdown issue. I am wondering if anyone has some suggestions on what could be causing this and how to isolate it, as it is intermittent. The system has 4 heat zones each with its own circulator pump. A Taco...
  5. Lp20th

Any Burnham Revolution Experts? I Need Advice

Not sure if the photos are coming through, so here is a 2nd attempt. Thank you once again for your insight. I will look into the choices. Another observation regarding the Burnham Boiler; the sidewall thimble appears to have substantial air gaps. To me it’s like leaving a window cracked open...
  6. Lp20th

After doing some more research, Thermax brand polyiso foam board has a fire code sheathing which would eliminate the need for an additional fire barrier and provide a vapor barrier but 2” only yields about an R13. Also it’s very expensive, quoted at $65 for a 4x8 sheet. I am leaning towards...
  7. Lp20th

I am in Zone 5, Antrim, in Hillsborough county, right on the Antrim/Hillsborough town line. I need to take a closer look at the rim joists and see the best most practical way to insulate them. I see that there are DIY foam kits but I could see this as being a mess and cumbersome to apply...
  8. Lp20th

Thank you once again, you are going well above and beyond anything that I would expect to see from anyone responding to this post. I am learning a great deal from your analysis and am grateful. As I mentioned before I need to get to the house and measure up all linear feet of baseboards for...
  9. Lp20th

Thank you again Dana. To answer some of your questions and comment on your suggestions: The house has a main floor of 1825 sq ft finished living space. The lower level is a walk out basement with the perimeter walls being concrete half way up and framed the rest of the way up to the 1st...
  10. Lp20th

Thank you Dana. No one has ever suggested boiler sizing as an issue. I will look into doing the heat load calculations. The propane is supplied through a community tank and is metered and billed monthly so I have some good monthly usage data. This house has about 3000 square feet of heated...
  11. Lp20th

I recently purchased a home that was built in 2003 and has an original, propane-fueled Burnham Revolution, Model RV5PSL-12 boiler. I am questioning its fuel consumption as it seems excessive to me and from what I have learned this system may have been installed incorrectly. According to the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks