Recent content by linty

1. linty

Machine-gun water hammer

Thanks for all your advice. Finally narrowed it down to the leaky tank flapper valve and the pulsating fill valve on my Toto Drake toilet.
  2. linty

Machine-gun water hammer

The boiler has a tankless coil that goes to a mixing valve before the hot water gets to the rest of the house. Why do you ask?
  3. linty

Machine-gun water hammer

The expansion tank was replaced just a couple years ago so I don't think that's failed. Already replaced the PRV so ruled that out. Most of the shut-offs are ball valves. Don't know the house pressure since there's no gauge.
  4. linty

Machine-gun water hammer

My water hammer sounds like a machine gun that bangs in the pipes at a frequency of about 3 or 4 times a second and the episode lasts about 20 seconds. It can be triggered by shutting off a faucet or sometimes it seems to start spontaneously. After an episode of hammering, nothing will cause it...
  5. linty

Watts Backflow Preventer leaking from vent

On the supply to my Furnace there is a Watts 1/2" 9D-M3 Backflow Preventer With Atmospheric Vent just before the pressure regulator. The backflow preventer has been leaking from the vent at the rate of about 2 drops per second. What's the cause and what's the cure?
  6. linty

Drake rim to water surface distance?

Thanks Ted. That's exactly the info I was looking for and it works for me. Yes, absolutely elongated. I'll work on the SWMBO Gary.
  7. linty

Distance Thanks Gary. From the pictures of the Drake, it looks like the ADA just has a taller base under the same bowl as the regular, so maybe either one would work. My wife doesn't want the ADA and we're trying to find a common solution.
  8. linty

Distance Thanks. Some of your info is useful in a general way- some not. Is there anyone with a Drake that's willing to measure from the rim to the water?
  9. linty

I am considering a new toilet and the Toto Drake seems to fit the bill but I have a crucial question. What is the distance from the rim (not the seat) down to the water surface in the bowl? I have called several toilet manufacturers and they can't or won't tell me what seems to be a basic design...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks