Recent content by LCH77

1. LCH77

Water Stops then restarts

You are correct. I replaced the water gauge and it also read around 90 psi. I never thought the water pressure could be that high, specially since the shower flow doesn't blast you away. Even though I had cleaned out the nipple, the switch itself didn't cut out at 50 psi, so I replaced it...
  2. LCH77

Thanks to all. You should feel proud to help those of us with these types of problems. We aren't always trying to get around hiring a professional, we just want to get an idea if the problem is simple enough to fix ourselves. As for the toilet knocking loudly, it appears it was caused by the...
  3. LCH77

You were right about the gauges. As I bled down the tank, the pressure gauge remained at 60 -even after the switch made. A tap brought it down to around 20. Tire gauge reads 21.5. Does that mean the tank needs more air? Also, the pipe nipple between the switch and the main pipe was corroded...
  4. LCH77

Thanks for the advice. I'll report back on what I find. Not sure why I even mentioned the softener. It, too, might be in need of repair but is obviously not the cause of the current issues. So far, no spurting. When it does die, the flow reduces, then stops. Then, if you wait a minute or...
  5. LCH77

I read the stickies and did not find a solution but I might have missed it. Last week, the water from our well would just stop perhaps once or twice a day. This seemed to happen mostly during times of high water usage (long shower and washing machine, etc.). The kids (2) are visiting for the...
  6. LCH77

Use eletric switch for septic pump

Search this site for AU5ES and you will find a few threads regarding this switch. You will find the opinions of people are much more knowledgable than I am and/or have this switch installed and are happy with its performance. I bought one today at Ace hardware for $85 because my float switch...
  7. LCH77

5" flange too big for supplied wax ring, now what? Help!

Dutchman Thanks to Redwood & hj for the info on the Dutchman. Here is an update: I dropped a 4" long piece of 4" PVC to become a "Dutchman" to support the Wax Ring. I then melted a wax ring in a double boiler and poured the wax in the annulus between the 5" ID Flange and the 4 1/2" OD PVC...
  8. LCH77

5" flange too big for supplied wax ring, now what? Help!

Tengo84, A few years ago, when my pull down bolts pulled out, I found the old; cast iron flange had rusted away. There was not enough remaining to se a flange repair ring. I was told that all I had to do was break it off completely and solder on a new one. This was cast iron on a tile floor...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks