Recent content by LarryinAz

1. LarryinAz

Need to change these washing machine valves

I typically avoid plumbing work but I need to help out my Aunt who's husband recently passed away and has limited funds. One shut-off valve is leaking and one is frozen. Are these compression style valves? And as far as installation goes, is there any difference installing these compared to...
  2. LarryinAz

Qest Valve options?

Thanks Terry. Got the QEST stuff off and replaced with standard shutoffs. Had to use the dremel a little on the main backing nuts. Also, several months ago, I bought a mystery puller from a yard sale. When I got it home and google'd the name on it, I discovered it was used for compression...
  3. LarryinAz

Qest Valve options?

I was attempting to replace my bathroom sink faucet and discovered one of the Qest shutoff valves has stripped threads and I cannot securely attach a new hose to it. The valve I show in my pictures is not the valve with stripped threads. I've never seen these type of (plastic) fittings before...
  4. LarryinAz

Water Service line to house/outdoor faucet branch... needs a look.

Hopefully my attached pic works. This is a townhome in Phoenix, Az and was built in the early to mid 80's. My immediate concern is the angle on that main service line. I don't know if it's always been this way or if that cement slab is shifting differently than the house. My fear is one day I...
  5. LarryinAz

Dual bathroom sink clog

Dual bathroom sink clog (see pics at bottom). Im a DIY'er but not much experience with plumbing. I have a dual vanity and both sinks are slow to drain... but they do drain. I can run water in either for approx 30 seconds before it start's to back up into the sink bowl. When one backs up...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks