Recent content by kevreh

1. kevreh

Drain stub out higher than slab

Glad it worked out. Sounds like you built a little platform then put the Kerdi shower pan on top of that? Sounds good!
  2. kevreh

Replace ONE large tile (and substrate) on shower wall

I would use a foam board product like the mentioned wedi, Kerdi, or goboard, No need for a vapor barrier since their waterproof. The key is how do you prevent water from seeping into the seems around the board? What I would do is leave a 1/8” gap around the board then seal it with a silicone...
  3. kevreh

Does PVC need to "bottom out" inside fitting.

I wouldn’t worry about it, as others mentioned the pipe has welded together.
  4. kevreh

Knock in shower wall

Probably the pipe banging against the framing or something else. Grab it and rattle it seeing if you can recreate the sound. Just needs to be secured.
  5. kevreh

Bath in a Day Blues

I would always hesitate to use a company that emphasizes speed to do something this involved. With the three options (good, fast, cheap) which two are you getting so far? With the tub sloping away from the drain does that mean there will be a puddle of water sitting there? Not acceptable.
  6. kevreh

Drain stub out higher than slab

There are some linear drains where the drain is in the wall(!) If you frame out with a 2x4 wall that might work. Not enough room to do a linear drain against the wall, unless the shower is moved a few feet left or right. You may be able to make it work with a schluter pan. But you’ll have to...
  7. kevreh

Floor Joist in way of drain for soaking tub

Does the drain need to go THROUGH the joist or is where the drain needs to be the same place as where the joist is? What size joist? Try to post a pic Drilling a hole in joist is ok as long as your 1/3 away from the edge, if memory serves correct. May be an issue with a 2x8.
  8. kevreh

Which pipe for tub drain-overflow?

You can pretty much connect all of those with a fernco. Another way is to use a trap adapter like the one below. The best on is a brass overflow with a flexible neck for the overflow. Spendy though.
  9. kevreh

Is this shower base acceptable?

What kind of wall panels? Fiberglass, some ridgid material, or tile?
  10. kevreh

Question about connecting 2" PVC to cast iron hub

And here’s the after. The 2” stub that was leading to the tub was 75% full of gunk. Not sure if it was from the shower, or waste from the 3” stub connected to the toilet. These types of hubs seem like a bad idea because the toilet waste can go into the 2” stub. Oh well it’s done now.
  11. kevreh

Thanks Terry, sent you a tip :)
  12. kevreh

The P trap is a couple feet away. Its a 3" hub, toilet flange is the white pvc at top of photo. That first fitting, below the Fernco on the photo, is iron. So maybe they used that to reduce to 1.5"? The fitting after the iron adapter is ABS. Is that 2" cast stub coming off the hub the same...
  13. kevreh

This cast iron hub has a 1.5" drain for a tub/shower combo. I'm converting the tub to shower only and want to go 2". I can't tell if its possible with this hub. There's a Fernco connecting the 1.5" pipe adapter, but what's the Fernco connected to on the hub, a 2" pipe stub or something? Or is it...
  14. kevreh

Best replacement windows

I bought my replacement windows from Interstate windows and doors, out of PA. Very happy with their compositwood, made from a “mix of specialty polymer and acrylic resins”. https://www.interstatebldg.com/compositwood-windows/
  15. kevreh

Split Bus Panel

TVL- Not sure what you ended up doing, but funny that that's the same brand and type panel I had in my house (but it was a 150amp panel). In my case the bottom was getting crowded with a bunch of slim breakers. Some were double pole. Can't say for sure it was ok, but it was never flagged when I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks