Recent content by Kevin Dierkes

1. Kevin Dierkes

Hot water delivery problem with tempering valve and recirc loop

Ok, an update on this. Went back this morning after customer reported poor hot water pressure again. Temperature has been good most of the last week, oddly enough, but now the hot water pressure is marginal again - 25 to 30 lbs - at all fixtures served by the tempering valve. I verified no...
  2. Kevin Dierkes

There is a combined "Y" hose on the mop sink, one of the first things I eliminated as I made certain the faucet was off, both hot and cold. In another strange twist, there is now proper hot water to all fixtures previously affected by lack of same, without my doing anything further. So, there...
  3. Kevin Dierkes

Good point on the temperature of the lines being a clue. I have a standalone non-contact digital thermometer, will take that along. Access to the lines under the bathroom sinks is difficult as there is a baffle mounted to conceal the traps and supply lines, I'll have to remove that to see or...
  4. Kevin Dierkes

Ok, some further thoughts. I'll be headed back to this job Saturday AM, but there is in fact a T&S pre-rinse station that could be a cross connect point. No automatic faucets (I'd looked for those as a likely candidate right away). Everything but the lav faucets are two handle Chicago or T&S in...
  5. Kevin Dierkes

James, thanks for your advice. In the situation you encountered did the recirc loop being closed off result in poor or no hot water at the hot side of any or all fixtures? Because that is essentially what I'm encountering here, save for a brief burst of hot when a faucet is first opened after...
  6. Kevin Dierkes

Apologies in advance for a long post. Want to be thorough here to be sure all needed information is included. Have an issue that is challenging my normally solid troubleshooting skills. Setup is a restaurant space with hot water run direct from heater to dishwashing sinks and equipment, and all...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks