Recent content by Kebo147

1. Kebo147

FloLogic

I ran a search of this topic, it seems old, and little input from users of the product. We have installed many of these units and it's the only unit we recommend. If you want to know more about it, I'm happy to offer help. I will say that many insurance companies offer discounts for it being in...
  2. Kebo147

Descaling a tankless water heater

Thanks Dana for that input. If one uses a seriously weak pump, flashing may occur. I can see potential damage by that. I was also thinking back to the HeatMaker boilers and how they would blow an exchanger if not fully purged. That said, I fail to see how operating the unit during a purge, with...
  3. Kebo147

Gas Water Heater Explosion?

You have CO safety in place. I can sleep. A professional needs to look at this. You just touched an uninsulated combustion chamber and asked if it should burn you...YOU BET!!! You are out of your skill level and your continued attempts will hurt someone, mostly you. I mean no offense and don't...
  4. Kebo147

Hot Water Heater Flame Temperature

It takes 1/2 a second to get a burn from 160 degrees F. You touched a combustion chamber!!! Yes you have found your calling to stop playing with what you don't understand and call a pro. That glass should be well in excess of 600 degrees.
  5. Kebo147

Gas Water Heater Explosion?

Do you have a carbon monoxide detector in place and in date? CO detectors are junk after a max of 7 years. All units are dated. If not...GET ONE! Based on what you have said, the relief valve needs to be addressed. I see a far bigger issue in the sooting you spoke about than the relief valve...
  6. Kebo147

Should I replace ~70-year-old boiler?

I have one high pressure steam boiler still in service from 1896. I rebuilt the unit about 10 years ago to meet all modern day safety standards. Some pics would be most helpful, but there weren't many parts from back in the day that cannot be replaced with a modern equivalent. The boiler you...
  7. Kebo147

Boiler Purge Design Question/Suggestion

In your design the pump is pumping into the expansion tank. The expansion tank is the point of no pressure change and will therefore hinder the operation of the pump and possibly create cavitation. I would move it to pump away from the boiler and be sure the head of the pump is mounted sideways...
  8. Kebo147

I understand the entire process of descaling a tankless water heater. I have been in the industry for 28 years and am the service manager for a PHC company in Telluride, CO. Let's say the aquastat temp is set at 120 or even less. The overall risk factor of burns is minimal. You are circulating...
  9. Kebo147

Why is the unit turned off during a descaling process? If one is using a low head pump and the velocity of the solution is not more than the unit can handle, wouldn't the heat from the unit running help the white vinegar to do it's job?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks