Recent content by Kat

1. K

question..shower pans

shower pans Thanks for the info. If they make shower pans that have the L/R drain holes then would that still be a much greater slope than you already have with an existing bathtub? It appears as the 6 inch lip around the pan is all level that the slope is in the base of the pan. This is...
  2. K

question..shower pans

Due to termite damage in our bathroom we are having a major remodel done. We want to have the tub removed and have a walk in shower instead. Everyone and everything i have read says go with a central drain. We have seen a shower pan in a catalog that has the L/R drain holes. This obviously...
  3. K

need advice remodel/termites?

I have been told that a center drain is a must if taking out the tub and replacing it with a walk in shower. I have seen the shower pans that have the L/R drain holes and thought that would save some money but several people have so not a good choice. Also, can the shower pans be used as the...
  4. K

It is a single story house so thank goodness in case it is termites. We are thinking that if we have to have the wall ripped out that we would have the tub removed and just have a nice walk in shower instead. Is a tile shower the best way to go as far as sealing out moisture and water from...
  5. K

We are pretty sure that we might have a termite problem in our tub/shower. The walls are tiled and the other day the soap dish fell off from the tile as I was holding onto it. Well, we pulled off a few tiles around it and think we see some tunneling plus the wall above the tile can be pushed...