Recent content by kamiller42

1. K

Replacing 2 50 Gallon Electric Water Heaters (3 bath house)

The pex is an interesting idea. My only concern is when we get those hard freezes, like 18 degrees for 3 days. It'll freeze up. I guess the pex can be wrapped in insulation or keep a blanket on it. Yes?
  2. K

The WHs were installed in 2004 and put into service in 2005. I'm the second home owner. I have 3 full baths. I am guessing part of the reason for 2 50Gs is the full baths have those deep jet tubs. I was thinking the attic would be the optimal place for a hybrid WH because of all the hot air it...
  3. K

The more I look at this, the more it looks like I am going your route. Any WH size above 50G will likely not fit through my attic door. "Misses by THAT much." Approx 23" is max width. The thermo mixing valve sounds like a great idea. The WH heater will work harder though. Energy wise, it takes...
  4. K

Wouldn't I have to install a propane tank in the attic? Is that safe?
  5. K

My attic has lots of space. It is surprising the AC head couldn't be replaced without replacing whole tank. I thought heat pump WH would be pretty good for me since heaters in attic in Texas. I saw one reviewer mentioning thermostatic mixing valve. Nice way to boost capacity. Since the 2010...
  6. K

Correct on the series. It's the first heater in series that has the small leak. My attic has tons of space. No issue with space. Getting through the attic door is biggest restriction. Standard drop down stairs door. What is your opinion of 2 40G's in parallel vs 1 80G?
  7. K

The water heaters in my house in north Texas are the originals, installed in 2004. I noticed one with a slight trail of moist rust coming from behind the temperature panel at the bottom of the heater. I figure it's getting close to time to replace. There are 2 50 gallon GE electric water...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks