Recent content by Justin83

1. Justin83

Gap Between Diverter and Shower Wall

No access from behind. Only access is through the cutout in the shower for the valve. From there, with a long drill bit, I can try adjusting the tension on the pipe to see if the diverter nipple levels out.
  2. Justin83

Thanks, terry! I thought about doing that. I've seen others suggest doing the screw locations, too. Any thoughts on the spout not sitting flush? Honestly, there are no leaks now, it's more just aesthetics and me wanting it to be perfect. From the pictures, would you just caulk it or try...
  3. Justin83

Thanks, jadnashua. Bending the pipe makes me nervous, so I think I'm going to chicken out on that one. I had a plumber out a while back to help me with a stuck cartridge and in the process he inadvertently knocked out the blocking holding the piping in place. He then put some metal...
  4. Justin83

Hi, folks. You've been a huge help in my previous questions and I'm hoping you guys and gals can set my mind at ease with these next few. These are in regard to a new shower diverter and handle/escutcheon that I just put in. 1. The top of the diverter sits fairly tight and flush against the...
  5. Justin83

Diverter Spout Drips While Using Shower Head

As it turns out, the dripping comes and goes depending on how hard you pull up on the diverter plug. Seems a little flakey, but it barely dripped last night during a shower.
  6. Justin83

I actually did use some plumber's grease to help get the O-ring on and in place, so I don't think it's twisted at all.
  7. Justin83

Thanks for your reply, Reach4. In your opinion, if it's just some drips, should I just leave well enough alone? Any thoughts on those scratches going around the nipple being an issue?
  8. Justin83

Hello, everyone. I just replaced my diverter spout and I noticed that it has a pretty constant drip during showers. I double-checked a few times to make sure that the diverter handle was pulled up all the way and it was. The pipe coming out of the wall is a copper nipple, about 3 to 3-1/2"...
  9. Justin83

Moen Shower Handle is STUCK

Just wanted to provide an update. I turned the water off midday yesterday to try to tackle this thing. Using a hacksaw and cutting along Plane A in the photo a few posts up (basically right behind the faucet handle), I was able to get the handle off. As expected, I went through the end of the...
  10. Justin83

Love the graphic! That was what I was trying to ask in words, but a picture is worth...
  11. Justin83

Tough to tell from the photo, I know, but I drilled the entire screw out. I can see the inside of the handle body. Not sure if it's holding on from burs, or from years of residue or buildup, or what. One thing is for sure, the set screw is no longer. So, if I make the cut at Plane A, I would...
  12. Justin83

Sorry, duh moment. Didn't even think of a hacksaw. Would this be preferred over using a puller? Would you make the cut right behind the handle? In your opinion, do you think the piping in the wall is ok after drilling out the set screw? It's not like I hammer drilled it, and I held the...
  13. Justin83

Hey, Cacher Chick. Just curious, why do you say that I will need some new parts anyway? And what parts would need to be new? The new handle and faucet came with a new valve body, and it is supposed to be the same, so I might be able to get some parts from that... Can you separate the stem...
  14. Justin83

Hey, Reach4. If I go this route, I figured I would try to score the center of the faucet body enough to drill a seat for the puller. That will be tomorrow's after work fun. For now, the water is back on and no leaks yet, so hopefully all of the vibration from drilling didn't damage the piping...
  15. Justin83

Thanks for your reply, CountryBumkin. I'm hesitant to pull too much on the unit, because I'm not sure how much the piping behind the wall can take. Just drilling the set screw out created a fair amount of vibration through the system, although I did dampen it somewhat just by holding it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks