Recent content by JPelks

1. JPelks

Well pump to pressure tank pipe extension.. HELP

Hi Cary, Thanks for the breakdown. Believe it or not, it was actually a 20 gallon tank with a 30/50 switch from 1978! Bought the house from original owner, she said nothing has been replaced and gave me all the original pump documentation.. The house was vacant for 15 years though. Needless to...
  2. JPelks

Thank you for your response, as I’m still learning all of this. So do you think it’s critical to drain my tank and set it correctly? The switch should be set to 40/60 as you stated. here’s a picture of the progress so far!
  3. JPelks

Hey guys, good news! After a lot of swearing(meant “sweating”but autocorrect fixed it) I finally have clean water! Turned out my 1” incoming pipe was copper so I just extended that copper run to my new pressure tank and filters. From the output of the filters, ran 3/4” to the softener…. I...
  4. JPelks

Confirmed, I am removing the old pressure tank. Relocating the tee and pressure regulator to the new tank.. Overall, do you think copper(type L) and a dielectric bushing is the preferred choice to extend this? I plan to use some pex already but that’s a little further down the line... Thanks...
  5. JPelks

Hi guys, first time poster, long time observer/learner. Bought my first home, gutted the basement and now I’m redoing the plumbing.. it was a mess! Question: I have a 1” galvanized pipe coming in from the submersible well pump... I need to extend the pipe 8 feet to where my new pressure tank...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks