Recent content by Jose

1. Jose

Replacing a Corsyn Crane Toilet

Well, my best guess is that the supply line is brass. It looks too yellow and the walls are a bit too thick to be copper. Given I've only ever dealt with brass shut-off valves, I'm going to have to do some research on how to handle brass pipe (and other fittings). If any of you have...
  2. Jose

Well, it's not black pipe... It's non-magnetic so it's not black pipe, but it probably isn't galvanized pipe either. Thing is, it looked like it was because it was covered in something black. I was thinking it might be brass, but I'm not so sure. I haven't had a chance to remove the black...
  3. Jose

We're not that lucky. We have tile and it's on a bed of concrete nearly 3" thick. To be honest I'm not 100% sure what type of pipe it is, but the closest thing I can compare it to is black iron pipe. I'll see if i can verify what type of metal it is though.
  4. Jose

Actually no. We're doing a full gut & remodel on one bathroom and an in-place remodel on another bathroom (needs a new shower) on the second floor. We need to bring the bathroom on the third floor into (better) working order. That means replacing the toilet. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.
  5. Jose

The height of the supply line is roughly 36". By "centerline", I assume you mean relative to the center of the drain pipe (where the flange is)? If so, that's roughly 6-1/8". We did luck out in that the flange is 12" from the wall. However, the supply line is not copper but "black pipe" and...
  6. Jose

I need to replace an antique Corsyn Crane toilet that has a top feed(?) to the tank. The old toilet tank leaked badly and replacing the tank would require replacing all the tank's plumbing (valve, ballcock, etc.) as well. From what I've found on-line, doing so would be more expensive than...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks