Recent content by JonathanB

1. JonathanB

Waste drain way too high?

Good news. I fixed my problem for now. Only 0.5 inches of the drain is being used to drain water of the 2 inches available, so draining is subpar. I used a Husky Drain Bladder and immediately I could hear the crap being dislodged. Left it running for about 10 minutes and now it drains. I had to...
  2. JonathanB

Ok I think I've figured out the problem. I decided to hook it up as simple as possible using a P-Trap and then loosen the screw on the coupling that goes onto the waste pipe. I turned the faucet on and it won't drain, as usual, but I could see where it was leaking. Right at the coupling. This...
  3. JonathanB

Ok remeasured again and I was wrong. There is 0.75 inches between the very bottom of the waste, and A on your picture. Is there is 0.75 inches of space. So I guess that would mean, it can drain, but has resistance since it can't flow using more gravity and more pipe, hence why it kept filling up...
  4. JonathanB

Because the sink drain is closer the way I angled the camera changed perspective a lot. The drain appears to be slightly slanted down, not up, so it might be 1/4 angled. To answer your question if I understand correctly. Exact center might be roughly D from level.
  5. JonathanB

All the pipe I've been dealing with is metal, the arm coming out of w/e is really nasty looking too, on the out and inside. Underneath the sink i literally tapped the pipe coming down into the trap and it snapped right off and water came out from the top of the sink, which made me believe that...
  6. JonathanB

Ok, plot thickens. I took a level from the bottom of the sink strainer to the waste line. The drain arm is actually 2 inches HIGHER. That is, the bottom of the drain (lowest part) is higher than the lowest part of the sink. When I start adding plumbing, that's at least 3 inches higher, before I...
  7. JonathanB

Ok, thanks all. Tomorrow I am going to go get some extra fittings, etc and see if I can get this going again without digging through the walls.
  8. JonathanB

It's 1 inch lower (bottom of the hole) So this is what I can tell. I shined a flashlight into the drain hole. It seems it goes one way. It's like a =======O Where O is the pipe coming out of the wall and it goes left. I don't know how did this whole plumbing in this house but something...
  9. JonathanB

No basement. I don't really know what is what and were. The cabinets are up against a wall that goes outside and a window above. All I know is the drain pipe coming out of the wall seems to be an elbow that goes left through the rest of the 8 ft of various cabinets behind the wall. I was...
  10. JonathanB

Thanks for the reply. I did some digging and testing. From the floor (not the cabinet floor, but the actual floor) the waste drain is 25 inches high. If I measure from the cabinet floor it's 19 inches. The cabinet height is 36 inches from the floor, so that gives 11 inches or so until the drain...
  11. JonathanB

Here is a picture of the waste drain and the bottom of the sink.
  12. JonathanB

So here's the thing, suddenly under the sink there was a leak. This is not our house, it's my wives mother house. We moved in 6 years ago because she moved out and we needed a place. She bought it in 2002 and lived there several years. Anyway, as long as we've been here there has always been...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks