Recent content by John Riley

1. John Riley

Disconnect roof drain pipe or pipe the water into the sewer before backflow preventer?

Thanks for your post. It is a two unit building. I agree, a simple backwater valve won't do the job and I read that they can also leak. I also read some information concerning the overhead sewage system. I'd rather the owner of the downstairs unit go that route as well. Thanks, John
  2. John Riley

Disconnect roof drain pipe or pipe the water into the sewer before backflow preventer?

This is a very interesting thread. I have a duplex up in a three story graystone in Chicago and my neighbors and the co-owner of the building (garden apt.) suffered basement flooding this summer. In response, several of my neighbors have installed backflow preventers. My downstairs neighbor...
  3. John Riley

Backflow/check valve code

This is a very interesting thread. I have a duplex up in a three story graystone in Chicago and my neighbors and the co-owner of the building (garden apt.) suffered basement flooding this summer. In response, several of my neighbors have installed backflow preventers. My downstairs neighbor...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks