Recent content by John May

1. John May

1" Supply Pipe being choked by 3/4" water softener, worth undoing?

Decided to redo it, worked out ok. No water pressure change in the house but my garage wash sink which is near the softener is like a fire hose now! Which is a good place to have it. Thanks for all the input!
  2. John May

1" Supply Pipe being choked by 3/4" water softener, worth undoing?

So long story short I have a 1" supply line thats about 500 hundred feet long (rural property). It goes to my detached garage first where its hooked to a water softener, then travels another 50 feet to the house. I'm replacing a dead water softener and noticed the previous plumber (me) was kind...
  3. John May

Sprinkler supply line, 3/4 vs 1"

So right now my sprinkler supply line is 3/4" and travels 200' from a well to my furthest zones. Sprinklers also use 3/4" PVC. My water pressure is not that great. There is an unused 1" pipe coming from the same well that never got used for anything so I could tap into it to give me a larger...
  4. John May

Tape on sprinkler heads or no?

Thanks for the replies. Ill just skip the tape. Ill be back at it this weekend, maybe I just didnt have it tight enough. The riser was not broke, it was brand new and the hole hasnt been buried so I could see that it was coming out of the joints. The sprinkler itself was old tho, maybe it...
  5. John May

Thanks Terry! Im not worried so much about the water, but more the water pressure. Do you think I would see a significant gain in pressure if they were sealed or am I over thinking this?
  6. John May

Hi guys, newbie here hopefully Im not asking a stupid question. Im in the process of redoing some sprinklers after we had a large renovation done with side walks and patios. I tested the first zone yesterday and noticed that a little bit of water leaks out between the riser and sprinkler head...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks