Recent content by Johhny

1. Johhny

Completely new well setup needed

Thanks Texas Wellman (and everyone else!) This was all super helpful. I think I'm going to get a big ol tank and find a 5 gpm shur-flow and run it with the new generator until I get around to finding a good battery/solar system.
  2. Johhny

Ha! I literally just ordered that honda generator the other day to have something a little more portable for doing work on the property. If I wanted to shell out the $ for another, I could sync two together to run the pump, but those suckers are expensive. Texas Wellman - are you suggesting...
  3. Johhny

5 GPM was through a 50' hose and a standard spigot. There is a bigger outlet to hook up to pipe. I tried to zoom in and edit the photo a little better. It appears that it is grundfos: type: 7s05-11 (i may be wrong on the s05 here) weight - 9lb model: a3010011-p11430 (first 3 digits are...
  4. Johhny

Thanks for the tips guys! I have been putting a plastic sandbag over it until I can build something better. This is in southern california and we have been severely lacking in rain lately. I'm currently using a cheap, loud, 3600 watt generator to run the pump, but I feel like it would be better...
  5. Johhny

Backstory: I just bought some property with a well on it and had to replace the old pump/pipe. They put in a 1/2 horsepower submersible pump about 180 feet down and the water table is about 130 feet. We ran the thing for over and hour and a half without it running dry (yay!). It filled up a 5...