Recent content by JoeHomeOwner

1. JoeHomeOwner

Fleck 9100 SE issues - dual tank

It's been a bit and I haven't heard back and was wondering; have I been violating poor forum etiquette (if that's a thing) or if I've been posting/asking dumb things, maybe everyone is busy and haven't had time, or that you have already told me what I need to know. So I went with the last...
  2. JoeHomeOwner

Let see if I have converted the calculations Bannerman provided for 1.25 ft3 correctly to 1.0 ft3 @ 20,000 grains capacity. 20,000 grains / 32 gpg = 625 gallons capacity per tank - enter as Treated Water Capacity To regenerate 20,000 grains in 1.0 ft3 resin per tank will require 7 lbs salt...
  3. JoeHomeOwner

Another detail, Over the past few weeks I sometimes get comments the water tastes salty. I'm not sure what I was thinking when I thought I could use a kitchen strainer and bowls/buckets to measure out how much resin I had. The 'beads' are more like "molecules" ( or fine sand really.) I...
  4. JoeHomeOwner

After rereading the thread it seems I never really validated the resin currently in the system. So next i plan to disassemble the system (looking for possible issues) and empty the tanks one at a time measuring the actual resin and making sure the flow tube is not damaged.
  5. JoeHomeOwner

It's been a couple months since flushing the hot water tank and relubing the valves. We still get calcium deposits in our cat water bowls and showers seldom feel 'soft'. I'm not sure what to look at next and am considering replacing the whole unit, but getting something similar and me not...
  6. JoeHomeOwner

I have not had a chance to flush the hot water heater yet. We finished a cycle of unit 2 and are at 139 gallons remaining on unit 1. I have tested and hot and cold several time and they have been soft each time. I have noticed the gear mechanism groan during regeneration and I am wondering if I...
  7. JoeHomeOwner

One day last week there was enough laundry and showers that we had no hot water. (The outlet pipe was cool to the touch.) At this point I am pretty sure we have completly flushed out the water heater. But I could turn off the water and drain the water heater tank if that will help us be sure.
  8. JoeHomeOwner

To me, things seemed to have been going well the last 2 weeks. My wife was still skeptical (usually she is right an notices things when I don't.) So Friday I switch the "Treated Water Capacity: 937" to 800 thinking the system would regenerate sooner if the full resin capacity wasn't really still...
  9. JoeHomeOwner

I've completed the strong mixture of Iron Out with high salt regeneration on both tanks. Current settings are: Display Format: U--1 Regeneration Type: 7--2 Treated Water Capacity: 937 Regeneration Time: (no longer displays since setting regen type to 7--2) Regeneration Day...
  10. JoeHomeOwner

Unfortunately there is no bypass. Just a shutoff on the supply pipe.
  11. JoeHomeOwner

Is the 'treating with Iron Out', adding 1/4cup Iron Out with each 40lb bag of Salt or something different? (I'd like to be sure I am caring for it better going forward.)
  12. JoeHomeOwner

@Bannerman I don't know the actual age. When I had it apart I tried to look at the resin. Both seem to have about the same amount in them. I took some pics when I had it apart. Not sure if they're helpful. I'll be glad to do the 25LB regen to clean it out. (I was wondering if the resin was...
  13. JoeHomeOwner

Bannerman, My interpretations is: 1) Regeneration Type: 7--3 I'll change it to 7--2 "Meter Immediate" 2) Treated Water Capacity: 650 Should be 937 iirc it used to be 835ish. Having it at at 650 would be regenerating more often than needed. I started adding Iron Out with each bag of Mortons...
  14. JoeHomeOwner

I changed it to o--2. Another value now displays (o-U2) before the LF60. Now we have a new display different pattern... In Service, the display now blinks from: Time -U2- (which matches the arrow indicator near the gears) gallons remaining The settings currently available by holding the ˆˇ...
  15. JoeHomeOwner

@Bannerman I attached a photo of the the tank label, my measurements are 10" diameter and 45" tall. Private well. As for water info: #OCC=8 HARDNESS gpg=24 IRON ppm=0.5 TDS ppm=480 PH ppm=7.2 The settings currently available by holding the ˆˇ buttons for 5 seconds has 3 settings: gallons=650...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks