Recent content by jmw

1. jmw

Dug well cleaned and now dirty water

So I'm back. Still getting dirty water. Incoming water from the right. Is this arrow in this picture pointing at a check valve, or just a connector? There’s no arrow on it (which I would expect if a check valve). It’s about 1 inch long. Long version: We are still getting dirty water from...
  2. jmw

This is the control box https://thepumpwarehouse.com/shop/centripro-qd-control-box-12-hp-230v/ It was the tech that installed the pump that told us to just run it til it shuts off. I assume it's this box that shuts off the pump? Sorry, I know very little about this stuff.
  3. jmw

@Reach4 experience tells us it's replenished overnight, but yes I could go look. The pump just shuts itself off once it's drawing air. @Bannerman There is no sensor, but the pump just shuts itself off when it's drawing air. This is the pump we have...
  4. jmw

That drain doesn't go to the septic. It takes about 12 hours for the well to replenish. Is it OK to run the pump 'til the well is drained? Will this wreck the pump?
  5. jmw

We have a shallow dug well - about 12 feet deep with 6 feet of water in it. It is about 3 feet in diameter. It has served us well, giving good clean water. A couple of weeks ago, we were getting dirty water coming into the house. Our well guy came, and said the well was filling in with...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks