Recent content by jmpadil3

1. jmpadil3

How do I drain the washer & softener?

Here is an image of my utility closet, in the center you'll see a 1-1/2" CI standpipe drain, with an inserted discharge hose from the water softener (1/2") and washer (1"). Both hoses are shoved in the pipe, so I don't think there's sufficient air, causing occasional spillover. What's the...
  2. jmpadil3

Toilet gurgling, won't flush with shower running

Problem: My toilet will suddenly not flush when I'm operating the shower in that bathroom. Additional info: The toilet also bubbles when the shower is running. Toilet operates fine before/after shower. Other toilets, sinks, and showers in my house drain perfectly fine. What I've already...
  3. jmpadil3

Shower arm can't reach the recessed drop ear elbow

Thanks for the reply guys. Very poor design. The solution from the manufacturer is exactly as WorthFlorida stated. I ended up having to cut about 1/2" off of that nipple as well to achieve the clearance needed. In hindsight I should have ran a die over the threads before tightening it in. I'll...
  4. jmpadil3

Shower arm can't reach the recessed drop ear elbow

I had a professional plumber rough-in my new shower and a professional tiler complete the surround, and now it is time to install the shower fixtures. The problem is that now I cannot thread the shower arm or wand handle into the recessed drop ear elbow fittings because the threads do not have...
  5. jmpadil3

Galvanized stub-outs

Professional plumber installed the galvanized nipples pictured here on the new shower system. He says they’re temporary, which is acceptable for me, but why would anyone even carry around galvanized or use it for anything? My 1953 house is full of abandoned galvanized pipe that is full of rust.
  6. jmpadil3

Double Lavatory Renovation - Grade My Plumber's Work!

So am I in a situation where plumbers are just going to disagree with the method here or is this legitimately an illegal install that could cause problems? I am not a plumber and I have hired professional plumbers to install this, and now I'm about to hire another to install this again. First...
  7. jmpadil3

Can you elaborate more on what needs to be fixed?
  8. jmpadil3

The vent is directly behind the toilet. I'm certainly going to have another professional plumber replace the sharkbites and properly stub out all of the supply stops. Also going to have the tub & shower valves installed. To address the comment above - that is a non-LB wall (confirmed through a...
  9. jmpadil3

Howdy all, I recently had a professional plumber provide rough-in installs for relocating a single lavatory to a double lavatory. I'm now bidding out some shower work and one plumber commented on the rough-ins and said that the sanitary tee on the lavatory stub-out is a code violation and...
  10. jmpadil3

Shower drain concrete block out

Just poured. Yanked the box out of there. Cut a plastic fountain cup to slide over instead. I’ve never installed a shower drain before so hoping this will give me enough clearance to fit up.
  11. jmpadil3

Closet Flange Rough-In Before Pouring Concrete

Puttied over the screw holes and flange bolt holes. Also made sure no paste adhered to the edges so the flange ring can still spin freely. Pictures are pre and post pour. Good to see some pro opinions on the flange sequence, I suspected it would be a concern. Most of my experience is from civil...
  12. jmpadil3

Closet Flange Rough-In Before Pouring Concrete

I'll give what you're describing a try. I popped open the tab and thought I saw some glue resin on the diameter seams. Sounds like you're also suggesting this is not a common practice.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks