Recent content by JimmyE

1. JimmyE

Verify plumbing is vented properly after remodel

Hired contractor to do whole house remodel. Washing machine & bathrooms were relocated. Because of several other plumbing errors I'm pretty sure things are not vented properly. My question is how can I actually verify the actual venting? Smoke test? Other?
  2. JimmyE

Water softener drain - in crawlspace?

To clarify - the picture is the water softener & drain hose located in the garage - concrete floor. The crawl space starts at the patched sheetrock wall just behind the water softener.
  3. JimmyE

The drain line from the softener is 1/2" ID clear plastic tubing.
  4. JimmyE

Hi: Have a new whole house water softener installed in garage. The water softener drain line must be connected in the crawlspace - about 15 ft from the softener. There is not much space in the crawlspace - it's pretty tight. My question is can I install an air gap in the crawl space? If so -...
  5. JimmyE

Shower handheld - pipe nipple too long!

Guys: Thanks for the replies. Correction: we're using 1/2" galvanized - not 3/4. The handheld is a fancy Delta - I can't change the type or size of the escutcheon. I'm not the expert but my plumber has cranked a great deal of torque trying the get the 1-1/2 or the 2" nipples to work. The 2"...
  6. JimmyE

Shower handheld - pipe nipple too long!

Installing new handheld in two showers with new tiled walls ... using 3/4 galv nipples ... 1-1/2" nipple is too short ... 2" nipple too long ... what are my options?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks